Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Hey does anyone know of a mod that changes the brightness of the days and the brightness of the nights? Or is there something i can change in the Skyrim.ini? I want the brightness to be different in the day and the night not just both of them of that makes sense.

Thank you!

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking for a mod that replaces the face textures/meshes with very realistic, high def ones, that do NOT require a different body mod, as I am currently using the vanilla body. I have tried several, but none of them really look that much better then vanilla in my opinion.

Hey does anyone know of a mod that changes the brightness of the days and the brightness of the nights? Or is there something i can change in the Skyrim.ini? I want the brightness to be different in the day and the night not just both of them of that makes sense.

Thank you!

Download any SweetFX mod and install it, then open the "sweetfx_settings.ini" Make sure "#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1 " is set to 1 not 0, then look for the section that looks like this;

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.

/ Lift Gamma Gain settings /

'-----------------------------------------------------------*/

#define RGB_Lift float3(0.960, 0.960, 0.960) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue

#define RGB_Gamma float3(0.985, 0.985, 0.985) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue

#define RGB_Gain float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

by lowering the Lift settings you can make shadows and shadowy areas darker, and thus, nights darker, by adjusting the Gain you can make lights and lit areas brighter, and thus days brighter. The Gamma is midtones, and will set the neutral balance between the two. THe examples are what I use for reasonably bright days and realistically dark nights.

You can also play around with other sections (just make sure they are turned on) like Vibrance which effects how much 'pop' the colors have, if you want your game to be very vivid and colorful, turn it up, and if you want it to be very bleak and uncolorful, turn it down. Some of these options are very finicky, and you should always either back up or make a note of what a value is at before editing it, encase you mess something up. XD

Hey guys, I'm searching for this mod:

http://static1.nexusmods.com/110/images/110/1827170-1343076143.jpghttp://static1.nexusmods.com/110/images/110/1827170-1343116214.jpg

http://static2.nexusmods.com/110/images/110/1827170-1345251659.jpg

Please tell me if you know anything about it( like download link :tongue: )

You mean the race, not the armors and so on? Looks kinda Japanese. It's probably a custom mix of various mods, though.

There's a couple of races that have similar proportions, Monli etc. Though, their faces looks kinda like Ningheim to me. If you have the RaceMenu mod, you can actually change the head size and height of any race to whatever proportions you like. (Also weapon size with the newer versions.) The look of the body is still going to depend on your body replacer and the armors your character is wearing, anyway.

I don't know those exact ears on the first two, but Numenume Elf Ears are similar and are worn as an accessory.

Edited by Relativelybest

Can anyone suggest some decent male hair packs? Nothing fancy, super stylish etc; something that fits in with the general theme of Skyrim.

it's pretty much photoshopped...

i bet it's a custom one...i have something similar:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36249/?

most important you needthis specularmap to add the reflection details:

install it AFTER any other skin texture\sweat mod
Edited by zzjay