Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

anyone remember the mod that gave really simple interactive qualities to a lot of static objects? ie let you hide loot in hay stacks, practice dummies and archery targets gave exp (and no, not the training dummies mod, i remember that one). it had several other features but those are the two i remember. thanx

One of my personal favorites, also includes features like letting you chop down trees for wood by actually striking it with a fire axe, and destroy rocks by waking them with a pick axe!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32448/?

Dynamic Things is without a doubt the mod you are after!

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mod that makes health bars decrease from the right (e.g. Oblivion) instead of center? I've seen it done, and know of a mod but it adds two presets that change other things such as compass location which bothers me. Is it a feature of Less Intrusive HUD?

Also a mod that adds status/health bars for followers at the side?

@ArtMurder thank you!! you were indeed correct. i appreciate it!

so ive taken a big long break from skyrim, and have returned to find alot of my favorites gone from the nexus. and new versions of some other ones... new morrowloot; any opinions vs n'wah edition? nernies individual city mods are gone (although i believe they may have been published w/o his consent so i guess that was bound to happen); anyone know why exactly theyre down/ where they are up? the populated cities, roads and dungeons that got popular right before i stopped paying attention are hidden or gone; wtf?...lorecraft never got its successor. deadly mutilation never got finished, Real Body System the same. argh. any insight on any of these?

@ArtMurder thank you!! you were indeed correct. i appreciate it!

so ive taken a big long break from skyrim, and have returned to find a lot of my favorites gone from the nexus. and new versions of some other ones... new morrowloot; any opinions vs n'wah edition? nernies individual city mods are gone (although i believe they may have been published w/o his consent so i guess that was bound to happen); anyone know why exactly theyre down/ where they are up? the populated cities, roads and dungeons that got popular right before i stopped paying attention are hidden or gone; wtf?...lorecraft never got its successor. deadly mutilation never got finished, Real Body System the same. argh. any insight on any of these?

morrowloot n'wah is basically the same mod, but with more options, you can disable some of the hard core features or just enable everything for the full experience, I have not used either, because it conflicts with both requiem and skyre, so I could be wrong. The popular series still exists, but the user behind them was banned from the nexus and had his work removed. You have to go to his site to get them, I don't believe it requires an account so it's no big deal if you feel like googling it.

And yeah, deadly mutilation is sadly abandoned. It can still work, if you try REALLY hard, but for the most part is very glitchy and problematic, almost always resulting in invisible body parts or other madness.

@ArtMurder; thanx again. ill look into the populated series website. and word up on DM. i left that alone before i even took my break from skyrim as a whole, hoping that all that invisible glitchy stuff would get worked out. sadly, not so much. and just in case you were interested in trying morrowloot, there is a patch on the skyre page.

Edited by lylesloudmouth

I have it, but I can't find it's name :<

When you sprint long enough and bump into someone, they fall.... I suspect it's Requiem.

yeah, i do believe requiem has that feature.

I am new to interacting with Dragons in this game, I like having them in my game and am not keen on killing them unless I have to do so as part of a quest or something.

Is there a mod that allows the skeletons to remain in the game the way that closed Oblivion gates were persistent?

I have been reading the various dragon bone mods and None Of Them, actually come out and say that dragon bones remain persistent, that I have found in my reading.

Maybe I missed that I don't know, which is why I post this question here.

I have seen that there are problems with dragon skeletons in the game showing up far away from the various places they were killed at and showing up in places such as the gate at Whiterun.

I have not seen that n my game though, I have all of the Unofficial patches installed maybe that is why, I don't know, not being familiar with the history of fixes the community has made for this game.

So is there a mod that does what I am asking about?

Thanks. :smile: