Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing them pop up all over the place in peoples screenshots, but have never been able to track them down for the life of me. If any of you folks here would happen to know what mod I can find any of the following necklaces in I'd be very appreciative! :smile:

Necklace one. (Talos amulet, not the Tsun-choker-thingy.)

Necklace two.

Necklace three. (Same amulet as the second necklace, but with a different chain.)

Talos amulet (Eldrid's Armor) is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48652/?

The second is from a Katarina Armor mod mashup/orig on another site and is no longer available

Hello, everyone! I have a bit of a tall order, so I wanted to come here and see if I couldn't get some help!

A lot of people are familiar with Requiem, and for good reason, it does a lot of awesome things! Now, having said that, it has its drawbacks; namely, it is very easy for a mod to be incompatible with it. As much as I love the new text messages, the immersive and active combat / skills, its many balancing features, and the fact that the world becomes unleveled. These are very cool things, but - some of them are more important than others to me. Also, I find that the patches aren't coming out quite so easily, so I am starting to consider my alternatives.

So, big long rant aside, what am I looking for?

Essentially, what mods are out there that can serve as a replacer for Requiem?

My main concerns are making combat realistic and immersive, with holistic elements like stamina use, stamina drain, multiple builds, armor effectiveness, and real damage (a dagger in the back is bad for everyone). Secondary concerns are making the game more immersive in general, like with the game's messages being in-character, items being handled, and just generally more atmospheric. I know this is a hard order to fill, attempting to recreate the features of a very specific overhaul; I'm mostly interested in the attempt - not total success.

Some mods that I've found / know about, but I'm not sure about are: Character Creation Overhaul, Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim, Duel: Combat Realism (I haven't used this in awhile, is it still current?), Epic Gameplay Overhaul (I love Apollodown), Revenge of the Enemies, Traps are Dangerous, Equipping Overhaul, Convenient Horses, Amazing Follower Tweaks, and a couple others.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

-=-=-

PS:

Realism > RPG Tropes. Though, balance is still important, though not a deathsentence if some things are slightly off. I honestly believe magic should be OP in fantasy settings, which also makes fighting it more challenging.

Edited by Dominator046

Does anyone know of a good Dragonbone Warhammer replacement? I want to use the highest attack weapon in the game but I want it to look more epic.

Alternatively is there a way I can get the Dragonsteel set from Immersive Weapons? I don't use Immersive Weapons because I feel the Japanese themed nonsense doesn't fit the game (nodachi, daito, tanto etc). I use the Heavy Armory mod instead.

I wish I had seen this thread sooner!

I downloaded a mod a little while back that was similar to RaceMenu except it didn't change the interface. I was using Enhanced Character Edit in addition to this mod I believe.

It included options to change how high or low and how close or far from your body your weapon would be sheathed, some tail sliders, individual finger sliders, and some other sliders all under the "body" tab.

I've been looking and I can't find it, I really appreciate any help. Thanks!

hello i'm sorta new to the fourms i had alot of questions about mods for skyrim because i never thought that there's any community that still talks about skyrim until i saw that a follower mod named INIGO was still being updated and that's awesome ,i've made a post about my questions but apparently there was like 40 person saw it but none participated :/ i've tried to close the post but no idea how my post was more like a discussion than a about a particular question,anyway to my questions

1) what mods are currently being upgraded/enhanced and still it's developer cares about it (mostly mods like:followers/quests/misc)

2) is there a mod that gives me more hotkeys ,more than 8,but something slimier to the vanilla's
ex:the hotkeys in fav menu only bound from button 1 to button 8, what i need is something makes me able to bound more buttons like numpad1,numpad2, or any other unused button in my keyboard

3)is there a mod to change the enchanted weapons' visual effects? (preferably something not so extreme but something more lore-friendly).

4)what's your best follower mods,quest mods,difficulty mods.