Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in a previous batch of mods i had installed, i had some female armor mod that made steel armor appear as something like a one-piece steel swimsuit kinda thing. i think it was for CBBE but im not certain.

ive browsed just about every mod i can find but cant seem to figure out which mod it was. does this sound familiar to anyone? thanks.

edit: found it (below). thanks if you looked

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68028/?

Edited by patchtimer

Hello, is there a mod that prevents light intensity from light sources from stacking? With mods that make nights darker and most NPCs carrying torches it shouldn't be uncommon to see a few of them at the same place - link. The intensity is pretty unrealistic.

Also you probably wont see that ever, but here is that 5 lit torches look like during the day - link. Now that's just silly.

@KethusNadroev

Do you use mod like Wearable lanterns or mod that make torches brighter?

If yes, load plugins in TES5Edit, right click=select none, double click on mod which you use for light sources, wait for the loader to finish, find and edit this values under Light tab (I cant see now, but you should have choice to edit lantern and torch values):

Radius - higher value, more area covered by light

Fade Value (Brightness) - you probably need to lower this value because if it is too high you get result like that in your pictures (for my taste, fade over 2 is too much)

RGB - color of light source

For comparasion, here is the vanilla torch values:
Color: R 250, G 190, B 131
The default radius is 512 and fade value 1.3500.

Edited by volimtripice

So I downloaded Enhanced Character Edit, and I also use UNP, but now my character looks.....strange and has clipping issues I had not had before installing ECE.

I was wondering if there was/is a mod that makes the two play nice.

@KethusNadroev

Do you use mod like Wearable lanterns or mod that make torches brighter?

The diverse guards mod I use adds lanterns, but it looks pretty much the same if I force them to use vanilla torches (on the day picture all guards are equipped with 0001d4ec). As far as I see I don't have a mod that modifies torches.

Edited by KethusNadroev

So I'm kinda looking for a mod that, for intensive purposes, is similar to Immersive Jewerly, in the aspect it lets you equip the same ring on either left or right hand by simply left or right clicking as you would a weapon. Cause I would kinda like the ability to wear 2 rings, one on each hand, in a nice immersive way like it does. But I really, really dont want all the massively extra stuff that it adds, like all the ingot and extra material crafting and extra crafting recipes, and good god no do i not want the changes and severe complications it has done to enchanting, just .. no .. i cant keep up with all that extra crap x.x

The diverse guards mod I use adds lanterns, but it looks pretty much the same if I force them to use vanilla torches (on the day picture all guards are equipped with 0001d4ec). As far as I see I don't have a mod that modifies torches.

I checked Diverse guards mod main file in Tes5edit, there is no any torch or light source for editing, its not adding lanterns, maybe its some other mod.