Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rember an older mod but I can't seem to find again anyody know if it got axed or something.

I think it was called Anise's secret spells. It added 5 spells. one that copied the PC and one that copied a NPC to help, two that urned NPC's into a cow or chicken. and the last spell turned a dead body into gold.

Hi all, I think this is the right spot for this, if not I'll move it. I'm having a very strange freeze. I'm on the a dark brotherhood assassination of ennodius pappius, a litttle north of uttering hills cave. Last night I fast traveled to and killed two outdoor targets. Tonight however, whenever I fast traveled to the gallows rock immediately the game crashes. So i fast travel to a nearby shrine and ride towards gallows rock. I get close and immediately a crash. It's not only gallows rock, I fast traveled to a few other areas south west and east, some cause a crash, some don't. I loaded up an older save with a different character and with him I was able to not only ride up and discover gallows rock, I was able to fats travel away and back. I've tried older saves, and I mean waaaay older saves with the first character and they all crash on fast travel on the same areas and no crash on the others, and some of the very oldest(like 13 levels back) crash upon loading. I tried uninstalling some mods to see if they were an issue, I tried my footprints mod, climates of tamriel, and skytest and the same issues were there with and without them. when I have more time I guess I'll do a full mod on/off checklist, but if anyone has any ideas beforehand that would be awesome. the only real chan ges I've made was installing and uninstalling a locational damage mod, I tried reinstalling it but it didn't work then either, plus it's apparently a very good mod compatibility wise so I doubt it's that. I'm very confused...... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all, I think this is the right spot for this, if not I'll move it. I'm having a very strange freeze. I'm on the a dark brotherhood assassination of ennodius pappius, a litttle north of uttering hills cave. Last night I fast traveled to and killed two outdoor targets. Tonight however, whenever I fast traveled to the gallows rock immediately the game crashes. So i fast travel to a nearby shrine and ride towards gallows rock. I get close and immediately a crash. It's not only gallows rock, I fast traveled to a few other areas south west and east, some cause a crash, some don't. I loaded up an older save with a different character and with him I was able to not only ride up and discover gallows rock, I was able to fats travel away and back. I've tried older saves, and I mean waaaay older saves with the first character and they all crash on fast travel on the same areas and no crash on the others, and some of the very oldest(like 13 levels back) crash upon loading. I tried uninstalling some mods to see if they were an issue, I tried my footprints mod, climates of tamriel, and skytest and the same issues were there with and without them. when I have more time I guess I'll do a full mod on/off checklist, but if anyone has any ideas beforehand that would be awesome. the only real chan ges I've made was installing and uninstalling a locational damage mod, I tried reinstalling it but it didn't work then either, plus it's apparently a very good mod compatibility wise so I doubt it's that. I'm very confused...... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is to help other mod users find certain mods. You are looking for bug help thread. My first suggestion however would be to uninstall your mods and attempt to head to any of the locations that caused the crash. If you can reach the location then good it is a mod that is causing the issue and now it is time to figure out which one. If it doesn't then you have a more serious problem.

I'm looking for two mods.

one; that lets me add any NPC (even mod added ones) as a follower, and eventually marry them if I so choose. (the vanilla marriage chooses are all awful.... seriously, it's like they picked some of the worst most bland character sin the game. And they completely neglected khajiits, which are my personal favorites! I have tried ufo for the followers mod, but after loosing three different save files to corruption from it, I gave up on trying to get it to work. And the fact that it made my followers glitch out and walk around naked half the time wasn't exactly desirable either. I really don't care about having tons of options I will never need, if I can make them follow me, live with me, and/or marry me, that's great. EDIT I just downloaded AFT, but I don't think that does what I want for marriage.

two; that removes ALL forced third person perspective from the game. I am getting my skyrim ready for my Oculus Rift, and I do NOT want to magically go third person mod when I get knocked down and rotate around my body like my souls been knocked or something. I already use Joy of Perspective, and it does wonders, but still doesn't do everything I want.

EDIT:
make that three; I am looking for a mod (or a simple CK edit I can do myself) that lets me use a female character and have the game/NPCs register it as male, or to use female facial features on a male character, without replacing the male facial features and making all the men in my game look like girls.</p>

Edited by ArtMurder

i got some strange crash too in other game place, that was caused by unofficial skyrim patch(skyrim,dawngaurd,etcetc), try to disable them all

Are there any good voice acted mage companions? I believe Vilja develops some magic but it's difficult to RP an evil character with her in tow, so prefrably looking for one who's neutral/evil, but will look into any that exist.

Cerwiden is a mage companion. Not sure about being easy to RP an evil character with her either. I didn't tried Viconia, but as I get she is a magic user and definitelly evil.