Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Hello, i am looking for a mod to see the red dot in the compass earlier, it seems that it only shows when opponent sees me or i am really really near.

another mod i am trying to find is to display the sneak gauge skill progression just like alchemy and smithing when i am sneaking.

same with speech.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of a mod that lets me jot down notes IN GAME? it's useless if I have to exit the game, then jot something down, then pull the game back up, it's more 'immersive' just to keep a notepad and pencil next to my computer. I've tried searching but 'Note' and 'book' and 'journal' all turn up duds.

I found one mod that is close, but I have to exit the game, launch some weird program, then relaunch the game to make changes. Useless, considering I would have to jot down the info I want to copy on a notepad in the first place!

Does anyone know of a mod that lets me jot down notes IN GAME? it's useless if I have to exit the game, then jot something down, then pull the game back up, it's more 'immersive' just to keep a notepad and pencil next to my computer. I've tried searching but 'Note' and 'book' and 'journal' all turn up duds.

I found one mod that is close, but I have to exit the game, launch some weird program, then relaunch the game to make changes. Useless, considering I would have to jot down the info I want to copy on a notepad in the first place!

Personal Notebook might work for you (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8892). I myself haven't used it so I can't give an opinion on it.

Personal Notebook might work for you (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8892). I myself haven't used it so I can't give an opinion on it.

That was actually the mod I was talking about, you have to exit the game, launch some weird program, save a file, and launch the game again to make changes to it, and I would have to write down the info ona piece of paper in real life just to remember it, totally and completely defeating the point of what I need it for, essentially jotting down of important info on locations and bits and bops I need to pick up fro crafting.

This has to be possible, if it doesn't exist, I make look into making it, just to have it.

I'm looking for a mod that allows the leveling of the leveled items such as Chillrend, Pale Blade, Gaulder Blackbow, Nightingale Bow, etc.

I've found many mods that do this to some extent or another, but either they are outdated and no longer supported, don't cover all/most of the items in question, or make other changes like adding/modifying the enchantments or otherwise making them overly powerful. One mod even just makes it so character level is taken out of the equation and regardless of level at time of acquiring, the player gets the highest lvl version, making getting them at earlier levels a bit overpowered, imho.

I'm not looking to be able to craft these unique items, as that for me would remove the fun of earning or finding them. I don't want to make them overpowered. I just want to be able to not have to plan ahead when I'm going to do certain quests/quest lines in fear of getting an item that is supposed to be a powerful artifact and then quickly watching it become obsolete as I level up.

Any suggestions?

I'm looking for a mod that allows the leveling of the leveled items such as Chillrend, Pale Blade, Gaulder Blackbow, Nightingale Bow, etc.

I've found many mods that do this to some extent or another, but either they are outdated and no longer supported, don't cover all/most of the items in question, or make other changes like adding/modifying the enchantments or otherwise making them overly powerful. One mod even just makes it so character level is taken out of the equation and regardless of level at time of acquiring, the player gets the highest lvl version, making getting them at earlier levels a bit overpowered, imho.

I'm not looking to be able to craft these unique items, as that for me would remove the fun of earning or finding them. I don't want to make them overpowered. I just want to be able to not have to plan ahead when I'm going to do certain quests/quest lines in fear of getting an item that is supposed to be a powerful artifact and then quickly watching it become obsolete as I level up.

Any suggestions?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16090 This is the mod I use for my lvled items.

You're the second person to recommend that one. I'd seen it before, while vetting a dozen others, and I must have gotten it mixed up with another mod, because I'd written it off as requiring Script Dragon, which in fact it does not. So I think I'll give it a try, thanks Silentone89!

Edited by ZedLeppelin