Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm looking for a basic "museum" mod, something simple like a hall with some mannequins and glass cases to show my trophies and maybe a small storage area with all crafting facilities. Don't need to be a house. The mods I found with these lacks the crafting space or are too big

Hi, im looking for a big overhaul mod like skyre but something different, i already played 200+ hours with that mod and now that im starting a new game i wanted to try a new good overhaul just like skyre

Thanks

There arnt many other 'big' overhauls like SkyRe actually. There is ACE which tweaks a lot of the vanilla behaviour and can be adjusted completely on top of that - but it follows the basic game strategy still. Add 'economics of skyrim' on top of that and your game becomes a lot more immersive as the entire economy will be adjusted down to regional values if you desire to do so. I use that combo myself and especially the disabling of free worktools usage makes the game a lot more interesting from an economical point of view. But they are not revamping those groups like bandits etc - so its really more a tweaking of the base game than a real overhaul.

To the best of my knowledge you would need to combine a couple of mods together to create an overhauled skyrim - which will include all possible incompatibilties between those mods again especially when there are changes to perks

i need help with the hmm what to wear mod i have it downled using nmm and intsalled it to the game but i cant figure out how to use it in the game. also is this mod for female characters only because i have a male arogoian

Yes to your second question - most if not all of the stuff in that mod is purely for females. As of the first question - usually those description pages explain how to obtain the armor/cloth - as far as i recall you can craft all of them at the forge.

I am looking to improve upon the vanilla homes - the ones for purchase in the major cities - not the Hearthfire content.

But I would like to do it without either a) having a physically impossible wonder home with everything in it - or - b) something that looks like a colour blind interior designer threw up all over it!

Basically would like to make the vanilla homes more functionally useful - without being OP - or just plain bleh!

Sadly this is mostly what I'm seeing since my return to modding skyrim - I know there a few good, older house mods out there - but they were mostly buggy enough before all the DLC was out so I'm steering clear of those obviously.

@Migrant It sounds like you would only make minor adjustments then - maybe a mod to place things yourself is what you are looking for. Check this one -> http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13586//? but be aware of that it hasnt been maintained for a while now.

Maybe a better example of what you actually miss in those homes would make it easier to point you somewhere