Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

What's a good magic mod? One that makes the weaker schools (e.g. Destruction) more viable at higher levels, and perhaps one that makes magic more interesting to use in general - though in each case, hopefully without overpowering it (as I've heard most magic mods tend to do). Thanks in advance for any help.

Also looking for 1 of these. Heared something of a Synergy Bonus mod which sounds great, but not sure which ones are really great atm.

I'm trying Ancient Spells - Morrowind and Oblivion Spells right now. Adds back some of the fun ones from the earlier games. I enjoy Chain Lightning maybe a little TOO much :) Also, Open Locks is back in town - woot!

I'm also trying Bound Weapons Redux just for the pickaxe. Haven't mined with it yet though.

For scaling, I'm using Spell Scaling with Skill Level and it's associated fix for Alchemy and Enchanting.

Speaking of those, I'm also using Less Overpowered Enchanting and Alchemy to stay away from the vicious cycle of fortification.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a mod that makes Followers non-essential. Specifically, I want something that bypasses the death-kneel animation that Followers do when they reach zero Health. True, they can still be killed (by you, mostly), but only rarely do the enemies actually kill them. I'm looking for a mod that skips that, so when the Follower reaches zero Health, that's it, they're dead.

Anything like that out there?

Edited by Kyoh21

Is there a mod/tweak to show all the options in dialogue menu? I hate scrolling, I want to be able to see every line with one look.

+1, anything we can do to help fix this godawful UI!

I am not sure I'll get an answer but I'll shoot anyway. Is there an animation fix for torches on horseback? It's weird that Oblivion was fine (it's not like they changed the engine or anything).

Is there any mods that let you dress up your spouse? I married Ysolda and she looks awfully poor; i wanted to give her Fine Clothes to change that. Unfortunately that option is not in-game, so I was hoping there was a mod that lets you do this.

you can try TCG - Traddable Companion Gear

I'm looking for a mod that makes Followers non-essential. Specifically, I want something that bypasses the death-kneel animation that Followers do when they reach zero Health. True, they can still be killed (by you, mostly), but only rarely do the enemies actually kill them. I'm looking for a mod that skips that, so when the Follower reaches zero Health, that's it, they're dead.

you can try this one My link i haven't tested this one

Hi guys !

i am sure i had seen a mod that do the following - instead of putting one 1handed weapon to ur chest if u wear 2 1handed it put both weapons to ur back - so that u see both crossing each other.

hope u understand what i mean :) i cant find this mod, pls if everyone know a mod that do something like that it would be great if u can tell me the name :)

thanks everyone !

BlackBloodDragon

So, before WiS completely disappeared (Although I've heard it will be making a return) I used to use it for its main purpose along with the function that let choose how long it would take for cells to "refresh" - I can't remember the correct term, but you should know what I mean. So anyway, if anyone could point me in the direction of a mod which allows me to set this value to my liking it would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

you can try this one My link i haven't tested this one

That doesn't seem to work. The Followers still take a knee and aren't killed by mobs. I can kill them, but that's not what I was going for. Thanks for the reply, though!

Hi guys !

i am sure i had seen a mod that do the following - instead of putting one 1handed weapon to ur chest if u wear 2 1handed it put both weapons to ur back - so that u see both crossing each other.

hope u understand what i mean :) i cant find this mod, pls if everyone know a mod that do something like that it would be great if u can tell me the name :)

thanks everyone !

BlackBloodDragon

You need to search for "armed to the teeth". Can't link because I'm typing from iPhone but hope that helps.