Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

I'm looking for a mod that lets me view NPCs skills/stats. Like a spell or something. Does that exist?

Skyrim Redone includes a low level illusion spell call "Insight" which does what you ask. There are also perks that increase the amount of information given. Don't know if there's a stand alone version if you don't want all of Skyrim Redone though. Follower mods like Ultimate Follower Overhaul also allow you to ask followers what their skills are. Only followers though.

Is anyone aware of any mods that alter the way the map works without removing it completely? I find having GPS in the world of Skyrim really immersion breaking, but no map at all would make it impossible to find quest objectives, even with Better Quest Objectives. At the moment, I'm role playing only using maps in towns. Getting completely lost in the wilderness (with compass also disabled ofc) and having to rely on the road signs is actually a lot of fun. Especially with darker nights.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a mod that lets me view NPCs skills/stats. Like a spell or something. Does that exist?

Skyrim Redone includes a low level illusion spell call "Insight" which does what you ask. There are also perks that increase the amount of information given. Don't know if there's a stand alone version if you don't want all of Skyrim Redone though. Follower mods like Ultimate Follower Overhaul also allow you to ask followers what their skills are. Only followers though.

Is anyone aware of any mods that alter the way the map works without removing it completely? I find having GPS in the world of Skyrim really immersion breaking, but no map at all would make it impossible to find quest objectives, even with Better Quest Objectives. At the moment, I'm role playing only using maps in towns. Getting completely lost in the wilderness (with compass also disabled ofc) and having to rely on the road signs is actually a lot of fun. Especially with darker nights.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure what you mean about not removing it completely or about the kind of functionality you are looking for? I'm guessing you already use http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4929 ? There are also some paper map mods out there. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25501/

In my old mods compilation I somehow made Jenassa look like this:

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/1913846-1360723967.jpg

Anyone knows what replacer I used for her face? I cant find it now

It might be the CoverWomen mod.

The lips make it look like coverwomen. Though the shot is a bit dark. any other screens?

Thanks for the links evilsage. I was aware of paper map mods as I tried them long ago but abandoned the idea as they turned all mountains yellow. Decided to give them another go now as you linked them and they work perfectly, I especially like Warburgs has the option to disable the player marker.

I don't mean like the potion. I mean an armour enchantment, like for alchemy, only instead it is for enchanting. I've been looking and so far nothing.

No, I got that. I mean, obviously Fortify Enchanting already exists in the game, because there are potions for it. So a Fortify Enchanting enchantment seems like it would be an easy thing to mod.

It would be cheap as hell, though, since it basically forms a feedback loop: Every Fortify Enchantment enchantment you enchant would let you enchant and even more powerful Fortify Enchantment enchantments. That's exponential Enchantment fortification.

Hi everyone'

I would like to replace the appearence of my glass helmet with the jade emerald circlet appearence. I googled it for a while, but i have not find any working solution. Any help would be appreciate (a tutorial to make this mod with skyedit, or a simple mod). Thanks for the help!