Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Oh that one...not a fan of it.

I found fantasy music overhaul to be ok sounding...I'll live with it.

Another one to find since I forget the name and i'm not going through 61 pages of mods looking for it.

It was an armor pack, it had armors imported from some RPG and had some semi skimpy armors for males oddly enough. I don't know more then that.

I personally can't play without it, sense I started using it I can't really stand the vanilla music style.

And that's not descriptive enough for anything, sorry... I know of about a half dozen mods that fit into that description, and I'm not about to track down every single one of them. If you knew what RPG it was, or had a pic of one of the armors, that would make it way easier, but as is there are several armor mods that where ported from other RPGs, and most if not all of them have skimpy armors for males and females. ^_^;

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the mod called that removes that line of weird squiggly looking lines from the left side of her face, it appears in weird lighting situations and I was sure I saw a mod that removes it

http://i40.tinypic.com/2h7j6ol.jpg

Another one to find since I forget the name and i'm not going through 61 pages of mods looking for it.

It was an armor pack, it had armors imported from some RPG and had some semi skimpy armors for males oddly enough. I don't know more then that.

I personally can't play without it, sense I started using it I can't really stand the vanilla music style.

And that's not descriptive enough for anything, sorry... I know of about a half dozen mods that fit into that description, and I'm not about to track down every single one of them. If you knew what RPG it was, or had a pic of one of the armors, that would make it way easier, but as is there are several armor mods that where ported from other RPGs, and most if not all of them have skimpy armors for males and females. ^_^;

Well...it was a MMORPG? Does that help? I remember finding info on it online...it had a wiki. But I can't remember the name for the life of me.

Well...it was a MMORPG? Does that help? I remember finding info on it online...it had a wiki. But I can't remember the name for the life of me.

Maybe this is it? If not, then I can't help.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25846/

Is there a mod that does essentially what Deadly Dragons does, but DOESN'T require a goddamn DLC pack to use!? Sorry for the rant... I'm just really pissed that mod authors make these incredibly amazing mods that they *could* make base-game friendly, but choose not to. It just makes it inconvenient for people like me who don't really want the DLC packs. But, anywho... please let me know if there's any good alternatives to Deadly Dragons. Thank you.

Might as well try here, since it's the last place I haven't tried.

I'm looking for a mod that allows magicka regen while shooting a staff. It seems that nobody but me actually noticed this annoyance since I can't find anything on the subject anywhere.

I like the concept of staffs and using them when I run out of magicka but it's pointless since you don't regen magicka while using one.

I'd do this myself but I wouldn't even know where to start.

Is there a mod that does essentially what Deadly Dragons does, but DOESN'T require a goddamn DLC pack to use!? Sorry for the rant... I'm just really pissed that mod authors make these incredibly amazing mods that they *could* make base-game friendly, but choose not to. It just makes it inconvenient for people like me who don't really want the DLC packs. But, anywho... please let me know if there's any good alternatives to Deadly Dragons. Thank you.

Well, if you can rant, I can rant too; Just know I don't mean any of this rudely. Modders CAN'T make a mod base game friendly if it ISN'T. Dragonborn and Dawnguard are treasure troves of modders resources and most modders aren't going to simply ignore something extremely useful or try to create two totally separate versions of their mod because a small portion of the people out there don't have the DLC yet. In this case specifically, ESPECIALLY since Dragonborn adds TONS of dragon related content, they would be downright silly to not use it in their mod. Dawnguard also adds several new kinds of dragons, and dragon shouts. And also especially sense most modders buy the DLC just to use these resources, and why should they not use something they payed for to make THEIR mod the way THEY want it, just because YOU haven't bought the DLC yet? The fact is, almost everybody has the DLC by now, partly for the mods, partly because they are amazing, and also considering how many times they have been put on sell on steam. I payed full price for all of mine, and my skyrim game, all in all I have sunk $110.00 USD into Skyrim and it's DLC(not counting tax), because i love and support the TES franchise, and want to have full access to as many mods as possible, and if you can't or don't want to spend the money for the DLC, then that's your problem, not the modders. Remember, they work their ass off for NO profit whatsoever, just to create something they want to see in the game, and they share it with you totally for free out of the kindness of their heart, so show some respect! ^_^

By the way, I did one quick search of 'dragon' in the nexus, the number 4 result is Dragon Combat Overhaul, it has a non DLC dependent version(that sucks compared to the Dragonborn dependent version, but you get what you don't pay for), just don't be disappointed by how stripped down the features are, all those stripped out features are Dragonborn dependent. They don't just mark them that way to ruin your day you know, they can be banned for including content from the DLC directly in their mod. Anyways, I personally use DCO over Deadly Dragons anyways, because it makes dragon combat more varied and interesting, instead of just 'harder'.The descripition page is almost unbearable to read though... I just don't like DD all it really does it 'add zeros' to dragon stats. I also use ASIS and WTF, which handles the randomizing dragon levels and the amount of dragons better then DD, which was about the only thing that mod did that was interesting, IMO.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32597/ < Tl;Dr This is probably the best none DLC dependent dragon mod to use, just make sure to download the version that isn't DLC dependent, as the main version requires Dragonborn.

I am looking for a mod to fix the horrid look of snow covered wooden planks. thanks for the helphttp://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifWood planks.jpg

Try these.

Better Dynamic Snow

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10383/

HQ Snow Texture

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/743/

Hi

I don't know if my question entirely belongs to this topic. If not, please let me know inmediatly.

The thing is, I'm looking for a house/castle mod fully equipped and WITH PLENTY OF BEDS FOR FOLLOWERS.

Something like Bathing Beauties, but hopefully larger. Aspen Manor was an option too, but I didn't like the little bug of the bath room and cloths. Castle Grey was way too large, with lots of lag and without beds. I've downloaded and tried a lot.

Does someone can tell me about a good mod for my standards?

Thanks a lot!