Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Is there a mod that adds more character generation options? I don't mean an alternate beginning, but just more hair options and colors. For example, if I were to make a certain Dark Elf, is there a mod that allow for skin color changing to make a dark elf brown rather than gray? Yes, I know that I can just use wood elf with darker skin, but her story says Dark Elf, and I intend to maintain canon as much as possible. Regardless, she only has 1 ponytail. However, vanilla hairstyles for women only have 2-ponytail hairstyles. While I understand that certain hairstyles cannot fit the game, the fact is that male elves can have a single ponytail. There is even at least 1 male dark elf NPC that has one!

Now, I know that elves typically have gaunter faces than humans, and dark elves and wood elves are within reasonable limits, why is it that high elves are extremely gaunt? And more importantly, why can I change it? I recall back in Oblivion that face width could be adjusted fairly easily. How do I do it here? In none elf related news, is there a mod that simply allows for more free hair color control? For example, if I want my character to have purple hair, regardless of race, it should be my right.

While I am impressed at all the different types of war paint, I'm amazed that the simpler styles were not used. For example, if I just wanted 2 paint "slashes" over the eyes, there should be a mod for that, right? Also, are all of these hair and face features dependent on race? For example, if I got a race from a mod, will that race get all the hair options that I previously described?

Edited by MidbossVyers

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a mod that adds more character generation options? I don't mean an alternate beginning, but just more hair options and colors. For example, if I were to make a certain Dark Elf, is there a mod that allow for skin color changing to make a dark elf brown rather than gray? Yes, I know that I can just use wood elf with darker skin, but her story says Dark Elf, and I intend to maintain canon as much as possible. Regardless, she only has 1 ponytail. However, vanilla hairstyles for women only have 2-ponytail hairstyles. While I understand that certain hairstyles cannot fit the game, the fact is that male elves can have a single ponytail. There is even at least 1 male dark elf NPC that has one!

Now, I know that elves typically have gaunter faces than humans, and dark elves and wood elves are within reasonable limits, why is it that high elves are extremely gaunt? And more importantly, why can I change it? I recall back in Oblivion that face width could be adjusted fairly easily. How do I do it here? In none elf related news, is there a mod that simply allows for more free hair color control? For example, if I want my character to have purple hair, regardless of race, it should be my right.

While I am impressed at all the different types of war paint, I'm amazed that the simpler styles were not used. For example, if I just wanted 2 paint "slashes" over the eyes, there should be a mod for that, right? Also, are all of these hair and face features dependent on race? For example, if I got a race from a mod, will that race get all the hair options that I previously described?

Look for Enhanced Character Edit or Racemenu. I prefer ECE myself but you might prefer Racemenu since it's more user friendly.

Also look for Ethereal Elven Overhaul if you want to make an elf. It also works with Racemenu.

Edited by Caithe

Is there a mod that replaces the steel armor meshes and textures? I never wear it as for me it looks god-awful and makes my character look very "Diablo-ish". Something more realistic and practical like the one from Morrowind would be good.

EDIT: Also, is there anything that reduces giants' power? It's ridiculous that they send you to orbit with one hit.

Edited by xxninja666xx

Look for Enhanced Character Edit or Racemenu. I prefer ECE myself but you might prefer Racemenu since it's more user friendly.

Also look for Ethereal Elven Overhaul if you want to make an elf. It also works with Racemenu.

I've heard that ECE is better for elven characters, while Racemenu is better for human characters. Would you happen to know why?

I swear not two weeks ago I was using a mod that gave acess to all character creation options for all races i.e. Altmer complexion on a Dunmer, spiky Orsimer eyebrows on a Breton. I asked over at reddit and they said that racemenu does that, but I have it installed but I still don't have acess to all the aforementioned options. Its working fine.

So, any help?

Can someone name the bikini in the first part of this vid that has physics? are there more?

http://youtu.be/QXLOootJPW0

Hi, yes there are many more. Search the Nexus for: "TBBP", "BBP", "HDT".

Check out this popular mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48648/

When you read the description page you will see lots of links to the type of files/mods that are required for this feature.

If you have more questions there are plenty of people who will be happy to help, I am online most days/times I don't mind a PM(Private message). I am relatively new too but I can point you in the right direction for most things.

Good luck, have fun.