How to create a mod

dave_man

First of all I want to say that this mod looks awesome. This is my first post, but I have been checking these forums everyday since July. Anyway, I want to know how to go about creating a total conversion mod of my own. What I want to do is to create a first or third person character building rpg with support for cooperative multiplayer. Kind of like a 3d version of Diablo or a multiplayer version of morrowind (I know the engine doesn't support multiplayer). I was wondering if someone could recomend a good starting point for me to begin researching this project. Also if anyone had recomendations for a game engine to base it off of. I would really appreciate advice from anyone that has it.

Keep up the good work on the mod. I look forward to the beta.

-dave

P.S.

Frodo lives!

Sorry, the best help I can give you is look in the FAQ section on how to create a blank ESM(Master file) and just go from there.

I'm currently working on my own version of a LotR mod, and it won't be completely...ugh...canonical...there I said it(god I hate that word)to Tolkiens work. It will be a mixture of the books, a little of the movie, and my imagination...I started it a week ago and im about 17% done with Edoras...so it'll take around a year or two to get Rohan, Gondor and Lothlorien done.

omg!! I just realized something! Lothlorian won't have to have many to meshes at all, because one- telvanni is amazingly close to it, and two- there are already some great forest/wood/Bosmer packs out there!

:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

A total conversion mod would take a very long time but I respect your ambition dave man! Get help from people on the team recruitment page. For all I know you are a computer geius and could get this done in a couple of months. Well, good luck.

Hundinman

Archived