Support the Nexus not steem

Randaworgie

It would seem that the Nexus is in danger at the moment due to the lack of detail about the steem workshop and that modders may get money for there work, I have to say on this topic that I'm not a supporter of Steem but put up with it in order to play the game that I like. one of the key facts is that if modders can gain money from Steem Workshop they will and the nexus will lose allot of people because of it but not only would the nexus lose people it would lose the free given info about mods and how to make them, who would want to damage there chance to make money but allowing others to be able to make mods that could be better than theres, so what I say is that no matter what happens with steem I would ask that the community stands strong and united and continues to give free info and modds to any and all who seek not to benifit from them other than to enjoy what some has created.

I do not think that Steem Workshop will ever replace Nexus but I think that it could damage it if people can gain money from it, so what I think the nexus should do to counter act this is that they should make there own "client" for the nexus, a program like "curse" for WoW where people would be able to browse, download, update and upload mods to the Nexus site - like a Nexus mod manager pluss.

Personaly I will not be using the Steem Workshop and I will never upload a mod to it or download one from it, all my support to the modding community goes to the nexus sites and I will not support steem if I can help it, so I ask now to the community post suggestions of how we can help the nexus get better in the light of this possibly damageing "tool" called Steem Workshop, with your help the nexus can tower over Steem and shine like a bright beacon to all.

Thankyou

Darius13

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'l just be another place to download mods. So long as the TOS for the workshop is changed from the way it is currently I'd be happy to use it. I seriously doubt that Valve will support the modding community in the way that the Nexus does. Here we have a host of moderators who keep the boards clean from trolls and the like and also who are very knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to modding in general. There will be nothing like that there, and it will mean that this place remains superior. Edited by stars2heaven

It would seem that the Nexus is in danger at the moment due to the lack of detail about the steem workshop and that modders may get money for there work, I have to say on this topic that I'm not a supporter of Steem but put up with it in order to play the game that I like. one of the key facts is that if modders can gain money from Steem Workshop they will and the nexus will lose allot of people because of it but not only would the nexus lose people it would lose the free given info about mods and how to make them, who would want to damage there chance to make money but allowing others to be able to make mods that could be better than theres, so what I say is that no matter what happens with steem I would ask that the community stands strong and united and continues to give free info and modds to any and all who seek not to benifit from them other than to enjoy what some has created.

I do not think that Steem Workshop will ever replace Nexus but I think that it could damage it if people can gain money from it, so what I think the nexus should do to counter act this is that they should make there own "client" for the nexus, a program like "curse" for WoW where people would be able to browse, download, update and upload mods to the Nexus site - like a Nexus mod manager pluss.

Personaly I will not be using the Steem Workshop and I will never upload a mod to it or download one from it, all my support to the modding community goes to the nexus sites and I will not support steem if I can help it, so I ask now to the community post suggestions of how we can help the nexus get better in the light of this possibly damageing "tool" called Steem Workshop, with your help the nexus can tower over Steem and shine like a bright beacon to all.

Thankyou

Darius13

I will never leave this place !

Edited by Artasx1

Most of the modders that I know will continue to support Nexus and will not abandon it for Steam Workshop. There is an almighty head of Steam building up about this...OMG that is a TERRIBLE pun Ginny.

Its Steam, not steem (nitpicking)

And..as mentioned in the other thread..nexus needs to allow for a donate to paypal button on the modders page...up to the modder if they want to toss a button on there or not.

Who wouldn't like being tossed a few bucks for a mod well done anyhow? Donate I say...and with that, you don't have to worry about modders leaving.

Most of the modders that I know will continue to support Nexus and will not abandon it for Steam Workshop. There is an almighty head of Steam building up about this...OMG that is a TERRIBLE pun Ginny.

And many of us are right here(players), supporting you guys! :thumbsup:

its about time beth did this, hopefully it will make installing mods easier

How difficult is it for you to install mods? It's just a simple copy and paste of files. It's not like you have to go in and hex-edit anything.

I doubt the meshing of Skyrim with Steam Workshop will have much effect on the Nexus community.

The END IS NIGH! The Nexus has become irrelevant.

But really, just business as usual for us. Like the workshop will ever be considered your one-stop-shop for mods...Long Live Nexus! :dance:

Edited by Jakeo