Support the Nexus not steem

Randaworgie

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry about it. If Steam tries to charge for "Unofficial", player made mods, it will be an epic fail in the end and the whole issue will blow away like smoke in the wind. In the statement that announced the Steamworks integration, they also mentioned that this would not effect the ability to use mods from other sources. I just can't see how charging for palyer made mods could possibly be regulated. It is simply going to be a tool. MOST of what will be available there will probably be poorly made mods that some kid spent 20 minutes on before his A.D.D kicked in preventing him from completing what he can't remember starting in the first place. Just shrug it off and come back here.

I'm not a modder, but I'm not going to allow Steam any more access to my computer than absolutely necessary. So, as long as mods are available here, this is where I will be getting them.

And (I hope this doesn't get me in trouble) if I were tech savvy enough to figure out how to pry my game loose from Steam, it would already have been done. Alas, I have no clue how to go about such a thing.

I just read on a gaming website, that a Publisher had offered a DLC for (hold on to your seats) 1000$. No it was not a new Elder Scrolls Game brought back in Time with a Time Machine including the necessary Hardware, it was a Drone....yes a simple Drone that assists your "Character"......for a 1000 bucks. "Nobody in his sane mind would buy such a thing" some of you may think....2000 sold in 4 days.

Where in Hell is this so called financial crisis? if 2000 People have each a 1000 bucks to spend on a few pixel how do you want me to believe there is any crisis at all?

They are practically begging Con-Man to rip them of their Money. I dont blame the guys who make or sell these DLCs anymore....they must be devastated themselves about the utter "stupendousnes" of this. 1000$ is a very nice gaming PC, 1000$ is a used but still good Motorbike, 1000$ is a glorious shopping Weekend the least.

If Money is really Power and it seems very much so, then Steam Workshop charging for mods will be the least of our problems because this "Power" is obviously in the wrong hands.

I am beyond disappointment, beyond desperation, beyond reasoning....i am just tired so tired.....

Once again...the problem is CONTROL. I don't need someone holding my hand or installing Mods for me.

I've used Mods for TES games for years and don't need a big brother deciding what I can install.

I will only support Nexus.

same thing for me i think the steam workshop is garbage, ive been installing mods from the internet since baldurs' gate 1 and thats how i like to do it XD