Waisted Space in Skyrim

Thegorgatron515

I would like to post this as community knowledge. I took a survey of the unused Tamriel landmass that was pre-built into the game. Below is an image of a Tamriel map sliced approximately where the Skyrim Landmass covers.

http://i.imgur.com/gcSAW.png

I used no clip to fly around and survey the land. The height-map of the world only extends a few regions beyond the Skyrim borders. So walking on the terrain is not possible beyond that.

Allot of you are probably saying that this space will be used in another expansion. My instincts tell me otherwise. In Oblivion a large chunk of the other neighboring landmasses were designed and never expanded on by Bethesda. Eventually a player made mod finished the height-map and released it as a modders resource.

I would like to start an imitative as soon as the creation kit is released. to expand into the current unused landmass. We can use oblivion as a reference for redesigning Cyrodiil. and the half of Morrowind.

My first mod will be an attempt at using the city's towns and villages from TES1: Arena and adding ruins of some of thees ancient city's within Skyrim, and Hammerfel. Anyone with a decent knowledge of Tamriel Lore would be very useful in this project. I am usually just a scripter with some basic understandings of design. I could use as much help as I can get.

Edited by Thegorgatron515

I believe you can download TES:Arena for free from the Bethesda site. You can play it on a modern rig using DOSBox if you're up for a legacy TES play-through.

I tried this with Daggerfall about a year ago...it worked fine but...wow were those graphics painful...they quickly kicked the nostalgia right outta me! :)

Man, I remember having to juggle DOS Memory regions to get my Pentium75 machine to work with Arena back in the mid 90's...loved that game even though it was buggy as all get out. I thought the riddles were really cool...and the combat system with mouse directed weapon movement was unique.

Anyways, I'd be interested in helping out on a project like this once the CK is released.

Might be an idea to join one of the projects already proposed for this. There is at least one already on the Bethsoft forums. Here's a link to another one:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/472056-planned-travel-to-cyrodiil-mod

One of the issues is that the landmass for the other regions in Skyrim is the LOD version, and thus not to scale.