Third person Archery Training

vertex23

Guys... theres a BASIC geometry problem here and you seem to overlook this.

In a first person view, the projectiles come from the center of the screen, or right behind it, the char is fixed in position.

In a third person view, the projectiles come from the char itself, and his positioning is variable depending on the camera. Therefore, the ONLY AND ONLY solution is a laser-like crosshair, in the style of Gothic 3 behavior. Its IMPOSSIBLE to do a 3rd person aiming with a fixed crosshair, simply because the angle is always changing and the crosshair doesnt fix that !! So the way it is now you must manually correct the angle guessing the right position of the projectile path. An absurd in terms of a caster, for instance, which can NOT miss mana freely for such a silly reason.

If someone could hack a laser-like crosshair, it would do the problem. The behavior should be: crosshair moves on Z plan and stops at the nearest point from the nearest object. Like laser crosshairs from Crysis and other games. Or like the nice crosshair from Gothic 3.

See ya folks.

On my current character I play with no cross hair so I ABSOLUTELY have to do it on first person. I just follow the line of projection from the arrow and it hits.

However in my previous Bosmer ranger, I shoot from way farther out that the OP. I use Detect Life a lot, and whenever there is a reading I scope out using Eagle Eye. This includes targets that aren't drawn yet because of the distance factor. First person is essential in that scenario IMO.

I always switch between 1st and 3rd person for any game. i enjoy playing through both, maybe 3rd person more actually. as for the archery i'v never had an issue with aiming in 3rd person. not hard, guess i'm a fast learner?