Unable to create character, cannot click on "OK" to name chara

fedord

Greetings fellow members, i have encountered quite an odd problem with my Skyrim install. I have been playing this game perfectly since it released, even with dozens of mods installed. Now i recently took a week or two break from it and upon returning decided to start fresh with a new character. Now after fine tuning all the details of my brand new female nord i click on "done" to name my character but when the box pops up that says "finish and name your character?" i can not, in any way, shape or form click on the OK or Cancel buttons. Ive tried clicking everywhere within the box, ive tried hitting Enter, and every other key press possible to get past this prompt but nothing! I've tried uninstalling all my mods, still nothing. I even did a fresh install of the game and still the problem persists. I am at my wit's end. The game is for all intents and purposes unplayable now because i can not create a new character and have no saves available that are beyond it. Its like there is some invisible barrier covering the "finish and name your character?" box which prevents me from click on OK to proceed. What on earth could be causing this????

really? im the only one experiencing this? Dont know why i even bother with Bethesda games on PC anymore, such a trainwreck.

Time to uninstall permanently and move on i guess :/

In future, edit, don't bump. It's against our rules. -mm

Please post what mods you are using and their load order so that we can help you.

It seems to be a UI problem, so, if you have any UI mods installed, try removing those. (Usually done by deleting files, check the README of the mod.)

-Malchus

Have you re-mapped M1 button to something else? Heard a few people say if you re-map M1 or M2 the game doesn't like it :D If you have re-mapped anything at all, try to reset to default maybe you misclicked. Think M1 is set to left hand attack but its also afaik selecting options in menus even though it doesn't say it.

Or maybe its external, if you have an Alienware PC or a Logitech mouse both of these have software that can re-map your buttons. Maybe theres a problem in there.

Anything to do with what the resolution the game is set to and the maximum resolution of your monitor, maybe the hit-box for your menu options is not where the writing is and your not actually clicking on it. Know when I got my new PC my monitor couldn't run at 1920x1080 and it used to just cut off all the sides of my desktop.

All your drivers up to date? Direct x up to date? Probably not the problem but ya never know.

Do you play windowed or full screen? Try hit ctrl+f10 and click again. Works sometimes if you are swapping between windowed and fullscreen, or if you are alt+tabbing between windows. It kinda resets your pointer back to the game, not entirely sure how to define it but I am sure someone else can.

Again I am not sure I am just throwing out stuff as it seems like its nothing to do with the game itself. Strange problem

Edited by Vallen87

Please post what mods you are using and their load order so that we can help you.

It seems to be a UI problem, so, if you have any UI mods installed, try removing those. (Usually done by deleting files, check the README of the mod.)

-Malchus

Not using any mods, like i said in the OP, i uninstalled all mode, uninstalled the game, deleted the entire skyrim folder in steamapps to make sure there were no leftover files from mods etc. Fresh re-install of game, problem persists. So yeah, pretty much at my wits end here.

Have you re-mapped M1 button to something else? Heard a few people say if you re-map M1 or M2 the game doesn't like it :D If you have re-mapped anything at all, try to reset to default maybe you misclicked. Think M1 is set to left hand attack but its also afaik selecting options in menus even though it doesn't say it.

Or maybe its external, if you have an Alienware PC or a Logitech mouse both of these have software that can re-map your buttons. Maybe theres a problem in there.

Anything to do with what the resolution the game is set to and the maximum resolution of your monitor, maybe the hit-box for your menu options is not where the writing is and your not actually clicking on it. Know when I got my new PC my monitor couldn't run at 1920x1080 and it used to just cut off all the sides of my desktop.

All your drivers up to date? Direct x up to date? Probably not the problem but ya never know.

Do you play windowed or full screen? Try hit ctrl+f10 and click again. Works sometimes if you are swapping between windowed and fullscreen, or if you are alt+tabbing between windows. It kinda resets your pointer back to the game, not entirely sure how to define it but I am sure someone else can.

Again I am not sure I am just throwing out stuff as it seems like its nothing to do with the game itself. Strange problem

All dirvers up to date, direct x up to date. Playing in Full Screen mode. Using a Razer Deathadder mouse. No M1 rebinds at all. I can click everything just fine using the M1 when i am creating my character. Its only when that window pops up that asks me to finish and name my character that i cant click on it. I cant even use the arrow keys to highlight "OK" and press enter to confirm. Nothing works at all.