Unable to create character, cannot click on "OK" to name chara

fedord

Well, even if you quit playing maybe we can figure it out and help someone else.

Did you remap any of your keys?

A long time ago I re-mapped my M1 and M2, but re-mapped them back to normal a while ago. Mainly having a problem now with R and F keys not working in the inventory menu, can't give items to companions or storage and can't favorite anything

I was just having this problem myself. After a little troubleshooting I repaired it. apparently one of the files in the game cache became corrupted making it so that I couldn't click ok. I selected "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" under local files. It found an error in one of the files and deleted and reinstalled the file. It is working now. Hope it works for you.

I have had this exact same error.

I have not installed any mods.

I did remap my keys (who doesn't?)

Everything was fine until I updated last night. I went to make a new character - just for kicks- and was unable to click ok after to move on and name the character.

This is pretty game-breaking as it keeps me from crafting, etc.

I have had this exact same error.

I have not installed any mods.

I did remap my keys (who doesn't?)

Everything was fine until I updated last night. I went to make a new character - just for kicks- and was unable to click ok after to move on and name the character.

This is pretty game-breaking as it keeps me from crafting, etc.

Here's how I fixed it.

Go to Steam --> Library --> Right Click on Skyrim --> Select Properties --> Go to the Local Files Tab --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache

This fixed the glitch of not being able to click ok.

• 1 month later...

Here's how I fixed it.

Go to Steam --> Library --> Right Click on Skyrim --> Select Properties --> Go to the Local Files Tab --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache

THANKS!! I was also unable to click OK or CANCEL when trying to finalize my new character creation. I tried the other suggestions here but nothing worked until I did this.

• 1 month later...

Here's how I fixed it.

THANKS!! I was also unable to click OK or CANCEL when trying to finalize my new character creation. I tried the other suggestions here but nothing worked until I did this.

any idea where you would do this if you don't use steam? I'm having the same problem...

Here's how I fixed it.

any idea where you would do this if you don't use steam? I'm having the same problem...

BUMP i dont use steam either