[LE] Going to replay Skyrim, what mods should I install?

AlienSensei

There are many overhauls right now, as I play the rogue type I use the combat overhauls, archery overhaul and the alchemy overhauls. Combat evolved and CACO really go together well, for archery I prefer Skyrim Realistic Archery over the Archery Gameplay overhaul and Archer's Armory, then you have Realistic needs and Diseases. I don't use Frostfall though many endorse that for immersiveness, G.E.M.S has a lot of immersive mods. And for npc's you can use Relationship Dialogue Overhaul and Realistic Animation Project, (sorry Fore). For the world there are plenty mods out there like settlements expanded and city overhauls. Small things like Notice Boards, Simply Knock, Go to Bed, Animation(byGenebriss) adds a bit of taste. While the Fishing In Skryim, Heljarchen Farm, can give you a breather. I don't have much say in ENBs and weather mods but Vivid Weather is okay, I gues. For armor mods I just grab whatever looks cool so I can't give any advice there. As for Quest mods there are tons out there now, there are many popular quest mods, I like Darkend and Clockwork Castle quests. And there are waifus everywhere, God's and Daedras be praised.

There are many overhauls right now, as I play the rogue type I use the combat overhauls, archery overhaul and the alchemy overhauls. Combat evolved and CACO really go together well, for archery I prefer Skyrim Realistic Archery over the Archery Gameplay overhaul and Archer's Armory, then you have Realistic needs and Diseases. I don't use Frostfall though many endorse that for immersiveness, G.E.M.S has a lot of immersive mods. And for npc's you can use Relationship Dialogue Overhaul and Realistic Animation Project, (sorry Fore). For the world there are plenty mods out there like settlements expanded and city overhauls. Small things like Notice Boards, Simply Knock, Go to Bed, Animation(byGenebriss) adds a bit of taste. While the Fishing In Skryim, Heljarchen Farm, can give you a breather. I don't have much say in ENBs and weather mods but Vivid Weather is okay, I gues. For armor mods I just grab whatever looks cool so I can't give any advice there. As for Quest mods there are tons out there now, there are many popular quest mods, I like Darkend and Clockwork Castle quests. And there are waifus everywhere, God's and Daedras be praised.

Thanks man. I really like small and immersibe changes to the environment, and a more diverse and realistic Skyrim, so that all villages don't look like copies of one another. I've heard mixed things about mods that expand cities though, any you recommend?

I'm also a fan of armor mods such as Immersive Armors (although I personally think some of the armors don't fit in) and I'm a massive fan of mods that add things from previous elder scrolls games such as armors or creatures. Creatures are also really important to me as after a while in Skyrim you've seen almost everything. For me, a visually beautiful and immersive Skyrim combined with a vivid and realistic environment is gold. Never been a fan of companion mods and the like.

I am not sure about the "same looks of villages" thing but settlement expanded, heartwood, soljund's sinkhole, Lorius settlement, whistling mine are some of the mods I use with the expanded towns and cities. It may be my noobness but I have had bad experience with other holds, villages and towns expansion/coversions. I have a basic gaming rig so I don't get to have visually stunning look of the game so can't help you on the visually stunning skyrim but vivid weathers has it's inbuilt enb that's not below the standard of other enbs. I don't know about other creature overhauls but I have dragon combat overhaul.

Here are my mods

{# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
+FNIS_patches
+Xtended Loot
+XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended
+Wiseman303's Flora Fixes
+Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim
+Werewolf Perks Expanded - Dawnguard
+WAO - Weather and Ambience Overhaul (VW-AOS2-SOS)
+Vivid Weathers Trues Storms Patch
+Vivid Weathers
+VioLens - A Killmove Mod
+Vilja in Skyrim
+Uncapper for Ordinator
+UIExtensions
+True Storms - Thunder and Rain Redone v1.5
+Thunderchild - Epic Shouts and Immersion
+Alternate Start - Live Another Life
+Moonlight Tales - Werewolf and Werebear Overhaul
+Brawl Bug Plugin
+Nightingale Hall Restored - Karliah as a Follower
+Thieves Guild Requirements
+Thieves Guild Redone
+The Huntsman - Unofficial Patch Redux
+The Huntsman
+Sword of the Ancient Tongues
+Static Mesh Improvement Mod
+Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds
+Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons
+Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization
+SOS
+Sofia Customizer Redux - UNP
+Sofia - The Funny Fully Voiced Follower
+Sneak Tools Patch
+Sneak Tools
+Smile in HD
+SkyUI
+Skyrim Immersive Creatures
+Skyrim HD - 2K Textures
+Skyrim -Community- Uncapper
+Skyrim - Enhanced Camera
+ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer
+SG Female Textures Renewal
+SexLabFramework v162 FULL
+Seranaholic
+Serana Dialogue Edit
+Sapphire
+Revenge Of the Enemies 2016
+Recorder Overhaul
+Recorder Customizer - UNP
+Recorder - Standalone Fully Voiced Follower
+Realistic Water Two
+Realistic Ragdolls and Force
+RaceMenu
+Queen of the Damned - Deadlier Serana
+Player Headtracking
+CACO-Ordinatored
+Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim
+Nock to Tip Fixes
+Nock to Tip Compatabilty Patches
+Nock to Tip
+Nightingale Prime HD
+NARC - No Animals Report Crimes
+Multiple Marriages-Spouse Dress Up-Rehousing-And More
+More Silver Weapons
+More Perk Points Per Level
+More Interesting Loot for Skyrim
+Mirai - the Girl with the Dragon Heart
+Mercy is for the Weak - (deadly dragons and elemental dragons patch)
+Lost Grimoire of Skyrim
+Lockpicking Interface Redone
+Localized Thieves Guild Jobs
+Lightning during Thunder Storms
+Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library
+Legacy of the Dragonborn
+KS Hairdos - Renewal
+KenMOD - Time on loading screen
+JRC's Witcher Style Sword Pack
+Isilmeriel LOTR weapons retextures
+Isilmeriel LOTR Weapons Collection
+Interesting NPCs
+INIGO
+Improved Artifacts Collection
+Immersive Weapons
+Immersive Speechcraft
+Immersive College of Winterhold
+Immersive Armors for UUNP Bodyslide
+Immersive Armors
+Hunting Grounds UUNP Bodyslide HDT
+Hunting Grounds Outfit
+HDT Physics Extensions
+HDT HighHeels System
+HDT Breast And Butt Physics - TBBP BBP Supported
+Gwelda (Little) Red Riding Hood Outfit UUNP - CBBE
+Fuz Ro Doh
+Forgotten Magic Redone
+Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS
+FNIS Sexy Move
+Female Facial Animation
+Falskaar Fast Travel
+Falskaar
+Faction Crossbows
+Face to face conversation
+Extra CACO Compatibility Patches
+Extensible Follower Framework
+Enchanted Arsenal
+Elemental Dragons
+Deadly_Dragons
+Crash fixes
+Convenient Horses
+Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul
+Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
+Cutting Room Floor
+RaceCompatibility with fixes
+Bathing Beauties or Beefcake - Luxury Suite
+Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
*Unmanaged: Dawnguard
+Cloaks of Skyrim
+Cerwiden -SMART Healer- AI Configurable Companion
+Book Covers Skyrim USLEEP Patch
+Book Covers Skyrim - Compatibility Patch Collection
+BodySlide and Outfit Studio
+Bloodmoon Rising - Moonlight Tales Werewolf and Werebear Expansion Pack
+Bijin Wives
+Bijin Warmaidens
+Bijin NPCs
+Better males - Beautiful nudes and faces - New hairstyles
+Aurlyn
+Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2
+Artifacts - The Ice Blade Of The Monarch
+Archery Gameplay Overhaul
+Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim
+Another Sorting Mod-2016
+Anna NPCs 3_0
+AmorousAdventures
+Ambriel Overhaul
+Ambriel - the lost Princess (Fully Voiced and Quest)
+ABT - Arrows and Bolts Tweaks
+A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads
+3dnpc18
+3DNPC
+360 Walk and Run Plus
+Hearthfires-cleaned
+Dragonborn-Cleaned
+Dawnguard-Cleaned
+Update-cleaned
}

Hope that you can find something that will help you obtain the results you want.

Edited by redrakiton125

I'm a huge fan of Frostfall + iNeed + Campfire. I can't say I've tried everything, but those three increased the feeling of adventuring. I'm next going to trial through a few harsher combat mods, and I think that'll top it off.

I'd beware of a lot of armour mods because when you craft and sell them, they are completely unbalanced. I really liked that about Immersive Armours, that they are decently priced and skilled and so I've been mostly sticking to them.

• 4 years later...

"Dungeon darkness". Everytime you enter a dungeon, the mod will scan the dungeon and it will blow the different fires (according to the preferances you choose in the MCM). If you combine this mod with ENB for example, you can make cripts and caves look really dark and you will need a torch as source of light in order to proceed. If you are not very interested in wearing torches because you use two-handed weapons or for whatever reason you need two arms, then you can try to combine this mod with another mod called "Wearable Lanterns" that will allow you to wear a lantern (a lore friendly lantern or glowing bugs in jars for example) as an armor slot that is not used in vanilla armors.

Another mod I find interesting is "Followers go on a trip" (I can't recommend it at all if you are already using a different follower mod, since it will most likely cause compatibility issues). This mod enable an extra dialogue option for followers and mercenaries that will let you allow them to freely roam across Skyrim and you will be able to meet them whenever you are traveling by foot or by horse, and from time to time they will also return to ther base home and then back to the road. Furthermore (althought I usually never enable this option) you can allow or disable them to accept bounty quests and go complete them on their own, but at the risk that they might end up captured, so you will have to track and release them from the bandits.

Finally, I'd like to talk about three mods that I almost always use. The first one is "Alternate Start", which allows you to don't begin the game as a man or woman who is captured and sent to execution to Helgen, and instead you will be offered a lot of different possibilities. Another mod that I usually grab is "Bounty Gold", a mod that lets the player to change the amound of gold received after defeating a bandits camp or a giants camp or a dragon nest (you can choose a base reward of gold and an additional amount that will increase everytime you level up, and every bounty quest type will have it's own reward, so you won't receive the same amount of gold for defeating a few bandits and for defeating a dragon for example, unless you toggle the mod to keep the same rewards for every type of bounty quest). And finally, the last mod I usually pick is "Death Alternative", a mod that will trigger a short event whenever the player's life become zero (you can also change this value of course) instead of instantly killing the player, so there will be a chance that your character survives.