What happened to the Silly Level of Detail potions mod?

Grub

"No worries. To quell rumors, I did not remove them because of copyright issues (like I said, all images I borrow and modify for use in my textures are always public license). I removed my textures because I will not be able to continue support of them; due to the lack of support, I returned the donations (since many of those were given in faith that I would 'keep up the good work'.)" - Narmix Edited by prayformojo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now that's sad... I really enjoyed these mods. I'll need to be extra careful now, so that I don't accidentally delete them or overwrite them. :(

I agree with those that say the mods could've been left up with a notice that they're no longer supported.

Crazy... I loved his potions & poisons retextures, and couldn't care less if they did not continue to be supported. Besides, a retexture is one of the things in the game least likely to break in future releases.

Anyway, I'm glad I got the two I liked best -- glass potions and ceramic poison bottles -- before they disappeared.

That's ... weird.

He does what he wants with his mods and I totally understand returning money if he won't work on it anymore but deleting everything is pretty dumb. He could have made it clear in descriptions that those mods won't be updated and that he leaves the modding world.

Please someone reupload them on the nexus !

That's ... weird.

He does what he wants with his mods and I totally understand returning money if he won't work on it anymore but deleting everything is pretty dumb. He could have made it clear in descriptions that those mods won't be updated and that he leaves the modding world.

Please someone reupload them on the nexus !

I don't think it's a good idea to upload the files on Nexus, if the author himself deleted them on all sites he originally uploaded them on. He has his reasons and we should respect that.

That being said, he doesn't seem to have anything against us exchanging these files in private. So if anyone wants them, send me a message and I'll provide any or all of the Silly Levels of Details - Potions and Poisons and Wine Cellar textures to you via email. I can also provide some screenshots, sadly not all of the excellent ones Narmix originally had uploaded. =(

The files are huge, though. That's why I repacked them to 7-zip to decrease the size (SLoD PnP Complete: 12.4 mb as 7-zip instead of 15.9 mb as rar, for example). So make sure you have enough space in your inbox!

Edited by Yasseira

Maybe he feels guilty that he was working using other people's work to further his own modding notoriety? Public license or not?

He shouldn't feel bad if that is the case. I had a similar problem once when I got this immidiate fear that all my drawing skill was deriverative because I copied my friends drawings when I was 8.

Nonsensical, but it made me start wiping drawings from my hard drive and such. Irrational fear of doing something unethical can cause these sorts of things.

Hope that isn't the case because he certainly has no logical reason to feel bad, particularly if they were public license. Even if they were not, there are arguments supporting the idea that using other people's work without permission is not unethical in this day and age. Hope nothings wrong ):

I was looking forward to using those mods too, ah well.

Edited by chocolambot

I still dont get why he took them down... seems a little selfish to me. He could have left them up there and just left a note saying nothing else will be forthcoming.

Yeah, agreed that is pretty lame. But he was also heavily pushing at "donate", so maybe he had a crisis of conscience or something? If you are looking at it more as a job / income stream I can see that the "selfish" option might make more sense personally.

Oh well...

Due to the overwhelming demand, I decided to upload the files to MegaUpload:

SLoD PnP (12.37 MB as 7-zip archive Ultra compression):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2YMQKSJK

SLoD WC (3.68 MB as 7-zip archive Ultra compression):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2S6GUK16

Should those links stop working at some point in time, you are of course free to ask me for them again. Enjoy! =)

Edited by Yasseira

Due to the overwhelming demand, I decided to upload the files to MegaUpload:

SLoD PnP (12.37 MB as 7-zip archive Ultra compression):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2YMQKSJK

SLoD WC (3.68 MB as 7-zip archive Ultra compression):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2S6GUK16

Should those links stop working at some point in time, you are of course free to ask me for them again. Enjoy! =)

man can you please reupload the files, the links are down :(