Idea About Armors/Weapons

teklanika

So I may be alone in this, but I have a quick suggestion that might improve the immersion of Skyrim.

----------------------------------------------------

Realistic Armor & Weapons

----------------------------------------------------

I've logged about 200 hours in Skyrim so far, and the one thing I've noticed is that I ENJOY the look of the low-end armors and weapons. In fact, I'm still rocking a full set of Legendary Steel Armor. I like the Hide, Leather, Iron, Steel, and Banded-Iron armors (as well as the useless Long Bow or Iron Sword etc). I feel that they fit Skyrim's setting quite well; very gritty and pre-modern. My problem is that Bethesda likes to 'tier' their armor and weapons, which means that you will eventually move up and the aforementioned armor/weapons will become useless. I don't want to go dungeon crawling just to find a super-powered Elven item that I HAVE to upgrade to if I want to be viable. I'd like a mod that changes all of this.

Within Nifskope is the ability to swap around pieces of armor with other sets. I'd like to see a mod that takes iron/steel/leather/hide, and mixes them with the 'tiered' armors to create something less flashy, and more down to Earth.

1. An example would be mixing hide with Elven or Scaled, etc.

2. Mixing Iron/Steel with Ebony/Daedric.

3. Borrowing names and color schemes and applying them to the more 'mundane' weapons such as the Long Bow.

In the end result, I'd like to see every piece of low end armor (even the guard's armors) mixed with pieces of the tiered armor, to create something unique yet also very in tune with the setting of Skyrim. No longer will there be beautiful gem encrusted Elven armor---instead, it will be a mix of REAL metals such as iron/steel/etc.

I would like to retain the tiers of armors and weapons, but simply mesh them together with their more realistic counterparts. That way, when you upgrade your Banded-Iron armor to Ebony, there is still a hint of realism. I don't want to HAVE to upgrade to a flashy Final Fantasy style armor if I don't want to. I'd much rather swap my Steel armor with Orcish if it looks like a mix of the two.

I hope this makes sense, and I hope that someone out there would be willing to give this idea a shot! What do you guys think? :)

Edit: I'm well aware of the fact that all items from Iron and up can be upgraded with Smithing to reach the armor cap. I'm simply saying I'd like to see the tier armors look more like their weaker counterparts. That way I still FEEL like I'm playing a gritty fantasy game with inspiration coming from the dark ages, etc.

Edited by teklanika

Hilkules that is totally off topic. You should create your own thread for that.

On topic: I just don't really care about the protection armor does for me. I just wear/use whatever I feel like at the time.

Sorry about the off comment i made. This is my first blog/post on anything. I couldnt find the "creat new button". btw yes the smithing does suck. like. dragon i say should be better then everything. Though, i started moding and there is a mod that is fricken awesome and adds 100's of smithing s***. plus dragon weapons :) Moding i usually dont like, but skyrimnexis makes the game totally differant and way better. i mean, catch a bee and grab a jar.. create a jar with a bee in it as decor... thats just one of the many many many things this mod ads. btw the mod is called Tytanis. If your a mod hater just like me i understand, just give em a look. this is the first game i can say its worth it by a loooong shot.

Sorry about the off comment i made. This is my first blog/post on anything. I couldnt find the "creat new button". btw yes the smithing does suck. like. dragon i say should be better then everything. Though, i started moding and there is a mod that is fricken awesome and adds 100's of smithing s***. plus dragon weapons :) Moding i usually dont like, but skyrimnexis makes the game totally differant and way better. i mean, catch a bee and grab a jar.. create a jar with a bee in it as decor... thats just one of the many many many things this mod ads. btw the mod is called Tytanis. If your a mod hater just like me i understand, just give em a look. this is the first game i can say its worth it by a loooong shot.

...You know this is a modding forum right? Anyways, try not to go off topic in posts, it distracts from the thread and makes it look like you don't know what you're doing. Read the forum rules.

OT: I've always wanted something like this as well. I mean, Daedric should be VERY powerful. But it should be like in Morrowind where you had to go through a ton of stuff before getting a SINGLE piece.

You don't necessarily need to change the resistances of the lower/higher tiers. You can just modify the rarity of each armor. And modify level scaling so as you level, your opponents don't automatically do twice as much damage and have twice as good of a weapon as they did at the last tier of that enemy.

Or you COULD modify the resistances and do it that way, but I think it would be much better implemented by the first way I mentioned.