Sim City Societies

thekid345

I found it pretty good at first, but it got boring so very quickly, and it started lagging really bad when there was more than thirty buildings on the screen. My suggestion, dont buy it. Its bad, and its not a game you will play for more than a few hours.

It lags because your system cannot process all of those little movements all at once.

I have a PC that is FAR above the specs for SC4, but if I have things on highest settings and have a very large city on the largest maps - the damn game lags a lot too.

If you ever played a game called "dungeon siege" < ~~ (the orginal), that game can still lag high end PCs of today, just because on highest settings, every tree is unique and moves with wind, etc...

So the point is, if you're judging the game based on "it lags", it's not the game; lower the settings a little.

But I agree that it's "more of the same" in the simcity world. A little better, a few more tweaks, but all in all you get the feeling of "been there before".

A little late posting to this topic but...

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME... if you enjoyed any of the previous simcity titles.

It is unfortunately completely different, and not in a good way. For a start you can't zoom all the way out! how am I meant to see my city in all it's glory and natural disaster it back to the stone age?

It has an odd 'place building type x' interface (think C&C where if you wanted a barracks you would place a barracks - but with 50 types of barracks).

I loved the 'zone' function of the predecessors and just waiting to see what popped up in an area was one of the best ways to fill the 'dull' moments.

It has a 'meet x criteria to build y building' - this takes away all of the joy of micromanagement and just sees you building 20 'trailer parks' in the beginning of the game - very un-aesthetical.

The graphics are... um.. shoddy... just plan lacklustre...

So if you've never played a simcity game.. go for it, you might just love it.

If you've ever enjoyed a simcity game - stay away!

:thumbsup:

Archived