No voices heard and mouths are closed

Njorunn

I recently reinstalled my PC with new hardware and installed the game. When I try to play the characters voices can't be heard at all, and no one opens their mouths when they're supposed to (like that vault-tec representative at the start of the game, both his and my characters mouths remain closed when there's a voice-less dialogue going on). All other sounds work fine (even baby-Shauns crying at the start is heard).

I have tried a bunch of solutions but none has worked for me...

• Made sure speaker system is set to Stereo (I have 2.1)
  • Tried switching to 5.1, disabling center and back speakers (it then plays all sounds from the two main speakers) but to no avail
  • Reinstalled Directx located in the Fallout 4 folder.
  • Rebooted PC
  • Made sure voice volume slider was set to highest
  • Verified integrity of the game on Steam
  • Tried without mods and with mods - same results

Any help would be very appreciated. I did a lot of searching online and none of the solutions I've found so far have helped me. Thank you.

Njorunn.

Edit: Solved!!

I finally figured it out on my own!

For anyone else with this issue, go to your Fallout4.ini file down to [archive] and check this line that starts with "SResourceArchiveList=Fallout4 - Voices.ba2". In my ini for some reason it was set to "Voices_es.ba2" which means it tried to play spanish voices (no idea how that got there..). All you need to do is to change the name to the language your game uses.

Hope this helps someone else! :cool:

Edited by Njorunn