Errors in nifskope, are they common?

Murielkai

I would venture that either:

• The graphics card driver doesn't support the shader programming version that NifSkope uses.
  • Something is wrong with your graphics card driver.
  • NifSkope's shader files are corrupted and need to be reinstalled.

Mostly likely cause in that order.

Assuming that laptop doesn't have a dedicated graphics chip, it's likely that it just doesn't support the shaders properly. In which case there's no fix. You could try disabling shaders and see if the issue goes away.

The laptop has an Nvidia 980M and the drivers are up to date (unless there is some I am suppose to install like a particular version of netframework or something). I was worried I didn't download the right version of nifskope or set it up right but I am not sure what version I need.

That's odd. A 980M shouldn't be having problems with the shaders. If the laptop has switchable graphics, like it uses the 980M when gaming, and integrated graphics when not that might be causing issues. You could use the nVidia control panel software to force NifSkope to always use the 980M. You would likely have a similar problem if you use BodySlide as well. If that's not the case, you can try disabling the shaders untill you figure out what's causing it.

To disable the shaders open NifSkope. Goto Options|Settings|Render and uncheck Use Shaders. It should stop popping up when launching after that. Then it's just a matter of finding out why it's doing it.