Skyrim is Too Hard

ThyAssWhupn

It seems like, after actually watching the video, that the problem may be the resistance bug. You don't need to exploit the game or have uber gear, you just need the correct gear for dealing with a fire using dragon and a game with a patch that doesn't break your resistances. I'm playing a Nord on the PS3 version and have quite an easy time with frost dragons because of my racial, but I have to carry around fire resistant gear in case of an emergency fire dragon encounter (which I rarely use due to my adoption of an evasive play style). Also, don't worry about doing big damage. As long as you can handle your health while dishing out attacks, they'll go down eventually. I've got an upper teens leveled monk Khajiit and he fairs fine against dragons. Yeah, I constantly chug potions, but I get the job done eventually, lol.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello ^^ i play on master and have just about every character type up in the 40's at least.. destruction magic is a bit weak.... but conjuration mixed with rend can tear apart a dragon for your pure mage if you really want to have an easy go at the dragon paralysis after forcing it to land with rend then leting 2 demora lords have at it whiles its helpless can make a pure mage a bit too powerful against almost anything in the game. if you rather go at it with the bow poisons make your life much easier after rending it to the ground first....

1. Use your Unrelenting Force to stop dragon breaths.

2. If you're running a 1.2, patch it to 1.3 or revert to 1.1 and get some fire resistance.

3. Make sure you're not generalizing your character too much, it's sometimes better not to read a skill book than to read it, levels increase the health and damage of your opponents, so you need to keep your main damage source on par with this. I'd suggest maxing out your primary damage source first and then working on the support skills later on when skill points contribute less to level-ups.

With these simple steps you should be able to deal with anything on master just fine.

destruction magic is a bit weak....

Pure casters are a bit weak. I'd recommend playing spellswords that focus on alchemy and enchanting, the destruction damage scales up nicely with poisons of aversion to magic, especially with all the poison perks from Alchemy. Also picking up talents like Necromage help when fighting undead that are resistant to poison.

Edited by haerual

Unless I'm misunderstanding something you said that my trouncing of Frost Dragons but my defeat at the hands of Ancient Dragons is proof of my unbalanced build.

You don't see why that doesn't make sense?

If you are leveling your character correctly, the actual game difficulty should not change much, since the leveled creatures you face level up on par with how you are leveling.

However, if you gain levels without actually gaining the ability to give more damage or survive more hits, then you have unbalanced your character and will be unable to continue.

There is a happy medium between 1) Using exploits to make your character a God, and 2) Increasing your level by learning skills that won't make you better at fighting in whatever style you choose to play.

In other words, if you are wearing robes of apprentice alteration, with a Draugr bow and iron arrows, with no resistances, facing a Ancient dragon because you are level 35 because you maxed skills you don't use: You don't stand a chance.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something you said that my trouncing of Frost Dragons but my defeat at the hands of Ancient Dragons is proof of my unbalanced build.

You don't see why that doesn't make sense?

If you are leveling your character correctly, the actual game difficulty should not change much, since the leveled creatures you face level up on par with how you are leveling.

However, if you gain levels without actually gaining the ability to give more damage or survive more hits, then you have unbalanced your character and will be unable to continue.

There is a happy medium between 1) Using exploits to make your character a God, and 2) Increasing your level by learning skills that won't make you better at fighting in whatever style you choose to play.

In other words, if you are wearing robes of apprentice alteration, with a Draugr bow and iron arrows, with no resistances, facing a Ancient dragon because you are level 35 because you maxed skills you don't use: You don't stand a chance.

I'm going to try and say this once more for everyone that may have missed it; my character is not unbalanced.

Furthermore, I have yet to understand how my defeat by this dragon is proof of unbalance.

I will post those weapon stats sometime soon.