Skyrim is Too Hard

ThyAssWhupn

If your running 1.2 that's a major problem. No resists = death from everything magic. The video only really indicates that the dragon can kill you a lot, but it doesn't include enough information as to why. Such as how much health you have, what perks, and weapon types you are more heavily perked in. If your running any resistance gear at all. You can run straight up to an ascendant mage and he'll do the same thing this dragon is doing with no resist/tactics. It looks like you have around 200 HP which isn't exactly tank an ancient dragon HP at your level, but it should afford atleast a two hit kill instead of insta-killing you, which may be attributed to the resist bug brought with the 1.2 patch.

Your first couple of deaths I would chaulk up to derp, but the one where it ate you through the palisade wall has happened to me before, and its irritating and dumb. However you had him a few times, and I guess you got either bored or impatient and just switched a working tactic out for something that ended up killing you, which seemed a bit pointless.

As a rule find an outcropping or tree that is large enough to block a full breath attack that you can easily run around it for quick cover on the fly. Wait until the breath attack is released then nuke/shoot or whatever the hell you do normally to make things dead. Rinse repeat until dead. This works regardless of dragon type and your level. Ranged is easier, melee you'll actually get hit.

As to the earlier comment mages might have the easiest time against all dragons once they have the Impact perk and sufficient reduction in destruction casting. No crafting is necessary. By the time they reach the level in your video (29) they'd have access to Eminent gear which would be 22% reduction, in Necklace, Ring, Robe, Circlet. Which sufficiently reduces the mana cost to allow you to pump down an ancient dragon and keeping it stun locked. Worst case scenario is you drink one potion and finish the job.

Anyway, my two septims.

Edited by Kardgar

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really are struggling with dificulty but can't stomach to use TGM try this, it's a scaleable way to supergear yourself.

Vindey's recipe for awesomesauce:

Unos:

Go to an alchemist and buy a whole ton of ingredients-just by EVERYTHING.

Go to a blacksmith and get some gloves and a chestplate that have Fortify Smithing enchants.

Buy a large pile of Ingots, as many as you can get, and matched to the current set of armour and weaponry you use.

Secundus; middas

First key step is to find a clustered Alchemy table, enchanter, grinding wheel, and worktable. This is critical, they have to be right, right next to eachother, the further away, the less this will work. Solitude and Windhelm are ideal.

Begin by disenchanting then reanchanting your fortify smithing gear, you want the strongest enchant you can make for it, though you'll need 100 smithing to do this properly.

Once you have about a 20% enchant on your two items, collate your ingredients and go to the alchemy lab.

Create a potion of fortify restoration. Your restoration skill is unimportant, just that you make a fortify restoration potion, prefferably several. Just toss ingredients together till you make one, I'll update this with an exact recipe later.

Put on your smithing enchant gear, drink the fortify restoration potion, take OFF your smithing gear, then put it back on. Repeat this step as needed, but after 4 potions, you'll be getting into dangerously overpowered territory.

The clock is now ticking: that potion won't last long so run forest run! get to the nearest grinder/worbtable and make it fast! You could just wait to drink your potions till you're at the forge, but running is more fun.

Once your slow N tired ass has gotten to the bench, go on a mad smithing bender: upgrade every item you have ingots for, you'll have able to level it up one level beyond Legendary for every potion drink and unequip re-equip you did.

Vale:

Congratulations! you'll be as OP as me one day, with this exploit, assuming you followed the instructions correctly, you can scaleably and balancedly improve your gear, or go all-out nutty and make supermegaultraOMGWTFBBQ overpowered gear, it all depends on how many potions you drink and how many times you unequip and re-equip.

So your solution to a difficult game is cheat? :wallbash:

The video does look like the 1.2 resistance bug in action. After building a character to a level of Conan-style badassery I was getting one-shotted repeatedly by a bandit chief with an enchanted (flame) mace. Tried the same save yesterday post 1.3 release and killed the guy with much ease. That may not be the issue, but it sure looks like it.

I don't mean to be rude but you're complaining about the "EXPERT" mode being too hard....:rolleyes:... It makes you sound like an idiot. You're not a good enough player to play the Expert mode if it's too hard for you. It's as simple as that. You need to hone in your skills and understand the game better if you want to do the game at that level.

If they made "Expert" mode any easier than what the real experts and pro gamers already think it is, I think they would all implode or something. Leave the "Expert" mode to the Experts. You may want to humble yourself a little and try the game on an easier level. ;) Have fun!

I don't mean to be rude but you're complaining about the "EXPERT" mode being too hard....:rolleyes:... It makes you sound like an idiot. You're not a good enough player to play the Expert mode if it's too hard for you. It's as simple as that. You need to hone in your skills and understand the game better if you want to do the game at that level.

If they made "Expert" mode any easier than what the real experts and pro gamers already think it is, I think they would all implode or something. Leave the "Expert" mode to the Experts. You may want to humble yourself a little and try the game on an easier level. ;) Have fun!

If you watched the video you would see why it is you who sounds like an idiot. :thumbsup:

Its funny cuz ur the exact kind of person who I said in the video would be too dull to understand the sarcastic humor inside and would comment on me saying that "the game on hard is too hard" rather than taking the video is a "Guiles theme goes with everything" vid.

:facepalm:

Idk how one can be so dumb but at the same time actively look for conflict.

Edited by ThyAssWhupn

There are several things wrong with this thread:

1) It is completely obvious you are using the 1.2 patch, as proven by your "Skooma Dragon" thread.

2) You are using weapons and armor rated FAR below the level of your character.

3) You call everyone an idiot who calls you out, even though points 1 and 2 are obvious from the very same video that you use as evidence of their idiocy.

My conclusion: You know exactly why you are having trouble and just feel like trolling.

Lock.

There are several things wrong with this thread:

1) It is completely obvious you are using the 1.2 patch, as proven by your "Skooma Dragon" thread.

2) You are using weapons and armor rated FAR below the level of your character.

3) You call everyone an idiot who calls you out, even though points 1 and 2 are obvious from the very same video that you use as evidence of their idiocy.

My conclusion: You know exactly why you are having trouble and just feel like trolling.

Lock.

This was meant to be a fun video and you guys are turning it into a debate.

I don't kno why you're still talking as you have yet to answer the question I posed to you.

Hmmm, Underrated weapons and armor. that may very well be the case and if you like, go through the forums and see if I ever denied that idea.

What I did challenge was the idea that my character was "clearly unbalanced" because that is patently false.

I have never called anybody stupid or an idiot that "called me out".

I said what you said earlier sounded stupid because frankly, it was, and I'm nt the only one that thinks so.

I called the other guy an idiot because he/she said something that when said in context to what was said in the video, made him sound stupid. Not only that but they were clearly trying to start conflict with that post.

That person had expressed no views similar to your own and yet you don a superhero suit in his defense.

Why?

God only knows,

But don't say I'm trolling because of this or that when any idiot can look at the video's date and see that it was made before any patch was announced.

Idk why I'm even taking u srsly tbh.

Your first reason for bashing my video was because I had an unbalanced character and now you're saying it's because I have weak armor and weapons though the latter may be true, your bouncing from issue to issue and using it as license to call troll, cements the idea of you just being an empty barrel.

edit

Waitaminit

Did the 1.3 patch even come out for 360 yet?

Edited by ThyAssWhupn

Actually, while I did have 100 smithing by level 25, I also had 70 one-handed and 50-60 heavy armor. I found working on the smithing VERY useful for a heavy armor build, as better heavy armor can be extremely expensive(My speechcraft is only about 40 at level 28) and hard to find. I can easily take on Blood Dragons, rarely having to chug potions. And no, I don't use any enchanted equipment except for Nahkriin. I have no enchanting skill at all really, since I hoard all my enchanted items I find. I use unenchanted, vanilla made armor and weapons, though it is improved to Legendary level (This is expensive when you're making Daedric stuff. Worth it for selling Daedric for profit, though.). Don't die a lot at all.

So yeah, leveling smithing early lends itself well to a heavy armor build, from my experience. It is possible to keep balance while powerleveling smithing, just do a few smithing levels at a time when you're in town after some dungeon crawls, sellin loot and restocking. That way you'll still be leveling your combat skills while leveling smithing, and you'll also save money by getting ingots on your own, rather than buying them. Also, always sell all of your iron daggers, the weight from powerleveling using them adds up very fast if you forget to sell them.

Edited by Garnn