Suggestion: Paid Name Changes

Lutine

I PM'd Dark0ne several days ago regarding name changes. Understandably, he hasn't replied yet as he's likely very busy.

After I messaged him I did some research(Which I admit I should have done first), and found the staff does not perform name changes, in user settings nor in the ACP.

I can see the reasons behind this(IE, creating more work for the staff).

However, I have a suggestion for name changes that I believe may have some potential.

If name changes were to be made into a paid service, either as part of the Premium Member package or as a separate entity, the staff would not have too much of an extra load and more donations to boot.

Hopefully, such a thing would be cross compatible with the Invisionboard software and the actual Nexus sites.

What do you guys think?

Edited by click1

Perhaps it could be user-done via the settings in the user control panel for premium members so there is little to no work for the staff.

Making it a one-off thing or an annual option would reduce the chance of abuse, as well.

If it's going to be a paid service, than I imagine few will want a name change(and thus not bothering the staff to much) and the sites could benefit from this. So far you guys where kind enough to change people names for free, for those that had a good reason of course. For those that just want a new nickname, without having to make a new account, this might be a good thing. So I'm tired of my nickname, no problem, I can pay a modest sum of money, change it and don't break the rules while doing all this(multiple accounts).

Yes, it is best handled in a pm to one of the admins. Public discussion causes everyone to want a name change, it is time consuming and a general PITA.

We do it on a case by case basis, but the usual answer is no.

Public discussion causes everyone to want a name change

As a marketing strategy this could actually work you know. :yes: