Section of mesh invisible.

Lutine

It is very easy to mess up the NIF structure, either on export or by some wrong step while editing in Blender. In most cases it will still look fine in NifSkope, but in the game it won't work, or not completely, depending on what exactly is off.

However, this can only be told by a look at the NIF tree in NifSkope. For this we'll either need a detailed screenshot, or a link to download your NIF and take a look ourselves.

If you know what to look out for, it's usually spotted pretty quickly what's wrong with it and what has to be done to fix it.

Thanks, the Wiki article was really helpful in moving objects in and out of a mesh.

However, my personally edited mesh still seems to be a dud.

This is unusual, I've never had this happen, and I've done quite a bit of surgery on various meshes.

I would suggest starting again from the original mesh, and once you finish the modifications, make sure you do the NIFSkope actions listed in Saaya's tutorial. 95% of the time, when I do have something messed up in the game, its because I forgot one of those steps. I've had minimal success fixing things at that point, so I generally just start over. Irritating, but there you go.

I'm still very vague on the details of what NIFSkope does, and stuff like TriStrips and whatever (Drake is better with that).

Screenshots of the mesh, both original and modified, in NIFSkope could help though, I guess. No promises.