Newbie to modding ran into some problems currently failing HELP

alletse

So um here's what's going on I got nmm downloaded some retexture mods for fallout 4 they worked fine then I downloaded some mods such as cheat terminal, everyone's best friend, craftable ammunition and such and they all don't work but the retextures are fine.

I really need some help please.

So um here's what's going on I got nmm downloaded some retexture mods for fallout 4 they worked fine then I downloaded some mods such as cheat terminal, everyone's best friend, craftable ammunition and such and they all don't work but the retextures are fine.

I really need some help please.

1. We need to know *how* they don't work? Do they not show up in game? Is there some kind of error when using them? Crashes? Some combination varying by mod?

2. My best guess is that you haven't activated the .esp files in NMM. You need to bring up your load order pane in NMM and make sure that the esps have a check mark next to them (or something like that. I don't use NMM so I can't quite remember what it looks like.) For retextures, this is not necessary since you're simply overwriting the files the game loads everytime. For plugins (.esp files) you're telling the game to load additional stuff; so you need to do more than install it: you need to tell the game "hey that thing in the data folder. Load it."

Start by reading the mod's description page. Look for pinned topics in each board for each game, usually tells the instructions, read a bunch basically.

The mods do have the check marks beside them but in-game when I try say for instance cheat terminal I built the terminal from the work bench but then when I go to press "E" my interact button it doesn't respond or when I try Everyone's best friend which allows you to have dogmeat plus another person with you it does not work in terms that the game works as it should and tells me where to station dogmeat if I take on the other person

Start by reading the mod's description page. Look for pinned topics in each board for each game, usually tells the instructions, read a bunch basically.

The mods do have the check marks beside them but in-game when I try say for instance cheat terminal I built the terminal from the work bench but then when I go to press "E" my interact button it doesn't respond or when I try Everyone's best friend which allows you to have dogmeat plus another person with you it does not work in terms that the game works as it should and tells me where to station dogmeat if I take on the other person

Are *all* your esps not working? Or just some? How many do you have? I suspect you probably are having different problems with different mods.

Edited by alletse

Did you configure your ini file to run mods? See these instructions: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

Are *all* your esps not working? Or just some? How many do you have? I suspect you probably are having different problems with different mods.

all of the esp files are not working........