S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 Cancelled

brokenergy

The Witcher 2 is PC exclusive, and did very well I think, its coming out for xbox this year but still.

All total war games were and are PC exclusive, I dont think they did badly.....

TW2 was a console game dressed up for PC, you are better off using a gamepad to play the game rather than the good old keyboard and mouse. All TW games and RTS's in general require more management, something that consoles don't provide at the moment. I'm not saying that all PC exclusives will fail but for a company to expand they need something sustainable to keep them going, in the end is business. I would blame the developer for bad ports (I'm looking at you Beth :verymad: ) and for not catering for all platforms, regardless of their hardware.

Its true that there are a lot of bad PC ports, they just copy all the Xbox things basically, sometimes a bit of a graphic fix.

I havent seen a lot of good multi platform ports lately :(

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its true that there are a lot of bad PC ports, they just copy all the Xbox things basically, sometimes a bit of a graphic fix.

Deus Ex Human Revolution worked well on the consoles, and also had a great PC port with a redesigned PC-centered UI of its own and tons of graphics options.

Also, STALKER 2 is not dead. :)

(Edit: Thor1 actually beat me to it a couple posts back)

Edited by Povuholo

Deus Ex Human Revolution worked well on the consoles, and also had a great PC port with a redesigned PC-centered UI of its own and tons of graphics options.

thats why I said not a lot :) Skyrim was a awful port though :(

Actually I beat you both to it :P

I wonder who their publisher will be, they lost their own credits and THQ can't do it either (they've done it once for them), all that's left is waiting on news I guess.

It only means that there is still hope for the project, but not that it is entirely in the clear. Seeing as STALKER is a high risk IP (the previous games were good, but sales weren't exactly stellar), it's entirely possible that no publisher is willing to take the risk and the project gets shelved for good.

Or EA can buy the IP, in which case I'll probably commit suicide.

I would. Some times you just need to suck it up and do it any way.

I hate steam, i use it any way. No need to hate just because you dont like a certain group.

As for the whole 'EA IS SPYING ON US! OMG CONSPIRACY!' who the hell cares. Ive blocked Origin's outgoing connections and it hasnt affected me in any way.

Edited by CommanderCrazy

I would. Some times you just need to suck it up and do it any way.

I hate steam, i use it any way. No need to hate just because you dont like a certain group.

As for the whole 'EA IS SPYING ON US! OMG CONSPIRACY!' who the hell cares. Ive blocked Origin's outgoing connections and it hasnt affected me in any way.

Huh? I think you meant to post this in the "Mass Effect uses Origin" thread. :P

Can we focus on who would publish it? Thanks

On topic

I'll bet most likely publisher would be Atari, just that they are closer to the developers. I hope that Zenmax doesn't touch STALKER, I hate them with a passion :verymad:

Can we focus on who would publish it? Thanks

On topic

I'll bet most likely publisher would be Atari, just that they are closer to the developers. I hope that Zenmax doesn't touch STALKER, I hate them with a passion :verymad:

As long as its not Activision or EA :O