Parry Mod

shiztiz

I was wondering if someone out there would be interested in creating a parry mod for skyrim later when the creation kit hits the web?

Description

Combat Revamp

Instead of holding weapons as shields this mod would have players parry any attacks from an enemy. Players go into a defensive posture by holding down the right mouse button and when ever an attack approaches players time the left mouse button to deflect the blow. A successfully parried attack negates all damage and has a chance to stagger. This mod is applied to almost every type of combat mode except duel wielding for ai purposes. This concept is inspired by the combat system in Infinity blade for the ipad.

I also think including unique blocking animations would be awesome.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your request (entirely possible), you can pretty closely achieve this (and more) with Quick Reflexes in the Block tree.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your request (entirely possible), you can pretty closely achieve this (and more) with Quick Reflexes in the Block tree.

quick reflexes only slow down a power attack and bash more suited to shields rather than blocking with blades, maces, etc. What I'm talking about is making block more interactive rather than simply be another shield.

You aren't limited to bashing or sitting there and waiting during the slow. You can get off a shout or a power attack of your own. That makes Block extremely interactive, as it makes blocking a means of setting up moves you might not have been able to safely perform otherwise.

At any rate, best of luck with your request. It would've been smarter to post this once the dust settles after the CK hits. You're looking at a minimum 4-6 weeks for that, at which point this thread will be absolutely buried.

You aren't limited to bashing or sitting there and waiting during the slow. You can get off a shout or a power attack of your own. That makes Block extremely interactive, as it makes blocking a means of setting up moves you might not have been able to safely perform otherwise. That creates synergy, which is the entire point of upgrading abilities—and it's something sorely lacking in many of Skyrim's other perks.

Maybe my post is a bit vague but an example of what im trying to get at is infinity blade's combat mechanics. And what I mean for it being interactive is that the blocking with swords etc... should be parrying and deflecting attacks rather than acting like a shield. Reason I find the current blocking mechanics odd is that in the history of close combat swords/maces/axes aren't meant used as shields rather more to manipulate an opponent's blade away from any vital targets.