Help! My Housecarl is a freeloader

zuggzugg

What is really weird is she still right there at your bed even after you're married. I got home with the wife(Aela) and went up to get the rested bonus and there sat Lydia. She has her own damn room, why she in ours at 3am!

Why shouldn't your housecarl guard you when you're at your most vulnerable? :P

What is really weird is she still right there at your bed even after you're married. I got home with the wife(Aela) and went up to get the rested bonus and there sat Lydia. She has her own damn room, why she in ours at 3am!

Maybe she had a nightmare and is just wanting to cuddle next to her Master for protection?

Indeed, she would've gladly follow you into battle, laid down her life to protect you (though technically she can't die unless by your own hand) if you just asked her. If you don't have her as a follower, it's not her fault, is it? If you hire an employee and not give him/her any task, don't blame them if they just sit around doing nothing! ;)

I give her all of my empty soul gems and a Soul Trap mace that I got at the end of a quest. It's a pretty powerful weapon, so she gets me all of the filled gems I need to keep my enchanted stuff up to snuff. She's a hard worker.

Also, she has a store. Where it is, I do not know, but she regularly gives me money. So, the OP just doesn't know how to manage a relationship.

[quote name='Hotspurr' timestamp='1323807052' post='4054082'

Also, she has a store. Where it is, I do not know, but she regularly gives me money. So, the OP just doesn't know how to manage a relationship.

Must be an online store! Maybe she sell stuff on E-bay? :D