The Legend of Zelda - A Skyrim Modification

Tyen

It will be :) Once the CK is out. The current modding tools are Not Fun to use. So that update has been put on hold for a little while longer.

Yay! :dance:

I was about to try making the sword and shield a non-replace for myself (which would have been... an interesting "quest" since I never modded anything before) when I stumbled upon this thread.

I fell in love with this mod the moment I first saw it (then in conjunction with A Skyrim Link Armor) but being a replacement for Steel really killed it for me :(

But I think I'll try converting it anyway... learning how to do that might come in handy with other mods someday

Anyway, awesome work! Keep it up ;)

Edit: Hooray! I did it! :)

Edited by Sengralonmen

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humm. Wouldn't this count as piracy? I'm amazed this thread is still here, after what all the Admins are doing.

I do not believe this counts as piracy at all. From what I can read, he's making and skinning the models himself. It could be copyright infringement, but he's properly referencing and giving credit to the Zelda game series as the source of his inspiration. This is pretty much a type a fan art.

Humm. Wouldn't this count as piracy? I'm amazed this thread is still here, after what all the Admins are doing.

I do not believe this counts as piracy at all. From what I can read, he's making and skinning the models himself. It could be copyright infringement, but he's properly referencing and giving credit to the Zelda game series as the source of his inspiration. This is pretty much a type a fan art.

Wouldn't be the first time something like that has been banned.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 0.2 has been released!

This version includes the full Link Tunic in green, with removable clothing pieces.

Updates to the Mastersword and Hyrule shield include less insane bloom, more grit and damage, and tweaks to the meshes.

Finally as per request, each item is now craftable from any forge, and are also fully upgradable!

Known issues are:

There are odd self shadowing artifacts that are really apparent on the tunic.

No neck or leg meshes ( Looking into the dismemberment system to fix this )

Spikey geometry when the weight slider is not 100% to the left or right.

What do you guys want to see next?

So what the hell happened right? two months of near silence with not a single update?

I'll tell you what happened. Real Life happened. Ah, but you don't need all the details.

From this point on, progress will begin ticking along again. Albeit a little slowly ( not two months slow, hopefully ).

Hope you all enjoy the update! Have fun!

Update 0.2 has been released!

This version includes the full Link Tunic in green, with removable clothing pieces.

Updates to the Mastersword and Hyrule shield include less insane bloom, more grit and damage, and tweaks to the meshes.

Finally as per request, each item is now craftable from any forge, and are also fully upgradable!

Known issues are:

There are odd self shadowing artifacts that are really apparent on the tunic.

No neck or leg meshes ( Looking into the dismemberment system to fix this )

Spikey geometry when the weight slider is not 100% to the left or right.

What do you guys want to see next?

So what the hell happened right? two months of near silence with not a single update?

I'll tell you what happened. Real Life happened. Ah, but you don't need all the details.

From this point on, progress will begin ticking along again. Albeit a little slowly ( not two months slow, hopefully ).

Hope you all enjoy the update! Have fun!

Thanks for your awesome modeling/texturing work! A day after I take your master sword and add it as a unique weapon, this update comes out xD

My preferences would be for more armors/swords/shields, as those are basically just creating the models and textures. Adding in elemental arrows or other zelda-esque items would take more work, so I'd rather have updates sooner than later. Thanks for all the great (and free) work!

Edited by matthias5770

This is what I would do for the sword (and it's what I did when I made it "unique" a couple weeks ago for my own use, before your update):

• Make it "silver" (add the "SilverSwordScript" to it and the WeapMaterialSilver keyword). This does extra damage against undead and werewolves.
  • For balance reasons, lower the damage to 14(the same as the highest damaging one-handed sword in the game, the Daedric)...
  • but up the reach to 1.2 (the master sword is a big sword!)...
  • and the speed to 1.1 (It's also a light sword! You should probably also decrease the weight to 10)...
  • and the Crit % Mult to 1.1 (this should give it an extra 10% chance to crit).
  • You should also increase the Attack Multiplier under Animation to 1.1 to match the increased speed.

Doing this would lower the DPS from 20 to 15(base unmodified damage), but that's still 1 more DPS than the Daedric, making it the most powerful one-handed sword in the game without being too unbalanced(and that's still before tempering). And you'll still be doing extra damage to the undead since it's silver-typed.

The shield's stats are good, though as one or two others have said it should be "Hylian Shield" not Hyrulian. Only a small nitpick though.

The armor pieces could stand to be buffed up slightly... It doesn't have to be the best in the game, but the Thieves Guild cuirass is at 30, beating yours by about 5 points. I would say Link's stuff should match the Thieves Guild stuff, so the tunic should be 30, the gloves reduced to 10, the boots are already at 10 so good, and the hat should be either 10 or 13. (Though I dunno why a flimsy leather hood is 13 armor, but that's what the TG hood info says...) For a little bit extra, you could also add an enchantment to the gloves for extra archery damage, and the boots for carrying capacity or something.

Also, I hope you make both red and blue versions of the tunic. You could even give them fire resist and water-breathing enchantments! I loved wearing the red tunic when playing OOT.

Anyways, awesome mod. Look forward to seeing more!

Edited by MergAllenfur