can't get .esp's to run. ideas?

thurisazshole

There are 2 skyrimprefs.ini files. You must add the line bEnableFileSelection=1 under the .ini file located in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Skyrim. There is also one in the install directory. Ignore that file. This other file is the one you must edit in order to enable the Data Files option on the start launcher.

Well, I guess I hadn't followed as closely as I thought. Followed this step for the skyrimprefs.ini in the correct directory and now my Data Files toggle is fully accessible and functional. Kudos centerdfender! You have made my day, sir.

• 8 months later...

There are 2 skyrimprefs.ini files. You must add the line bEnableFileSelection=1 under the .ini file located in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Skyrim. There is also one in the install directory. Ignore that file. This other file is the one you must edit in order to enable the Data Files option on the start launcher.

I was having the same issue, that is the solution, just note that the [Launcher] quote is in the middle of the text file not in the end, the CRTL F did not work for me i had to search for it. after i found the [Launcher] and inserted the comand line the data option of the launcher was enabled!

Thank you very much centerdfender!!!!

• 1 year later...

My cousin got me skyrim for my birthday and turns out it was priated and im trying to access my skyrim data folder (not skyrim data files i have that) and ive tried the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data and its not worjing please help

My cousin got me skyrim for my birthday and turns out it was priated and im trying to access my skyrim data folder (not skyrim data files i have that) and ive tried the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data and its not worjing please help

1. Delete the pirated copy from your computer.

2. Buy Skyrim on Steam.

3. You are no longer being a criminal.