Game Booster with Skyrim

cbankston

I start Game Booster and switch it to boost mode. When I then start Skyrim and click Play from the main menu I get a Game Booster notification: "Game Booster is switching to normal mode." To get GB to stay in boost mode I have to CTRL-TAB out of Skyrim to again click Boost in the GB window. Has anyone else had this problem and found a way to keep GB in boost mode while starting Skyrim?

• 2 weeks later...

I start Game Booster and switch it to boost mode. When I then start Skyrim and click Play from the main menu I get a Game Booster notification: "Game Booster is switching to normal mode." To get GB to stay in boost mode I have to CTRL-TAB out of Skyrim to again click Boost in the GB window. Has anyone else had this problem and found a way to keep GB in boost mode while starting Skyrim?

I've had this problem too. Gamebooster confirmed that they will fix this in an update. Here's a quote from a game booster developer, Cicely. "Our engineers are working on the issue of adding Skyrim exe and the shortcut."

The link to that thread on the gamebooster forums is here:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11812

There is a way to boost skyrim manually. Lauch skyrim first, then you can open taskmanger to get your mouse out of skyrim and onto your desktop. From there you can use gamebooster and hit the big boost button and go back to skyrim.

Edited by 1fajig

Since I posted my question I found another way to start the boost before launching Skyrim. The General tab of the GB settings menu (tool icon under the window-closing X) has a option, "Switch to game mode when steam game is launched." If you uncheck that option, which seems to act as a toggle, GB will stay in boost mode when Skyrim is launched.