I dislike being forced to worship the deities of the The Nightingales

SkyrimFan0

Worshipping Deities  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like being forced to worship the deities?

Yea... Skyrim does not have affirmative action, sucks for you bro. If you dont like the rules of a faction dont join them.

Agreed. In Skyrim it all comes down to either joining a faction and becoming their tool, or not joining and missing out on the fun/story altogether. There should always remain an opposite, alternative option to every boot-licking one.

When your entire existence hinges around the goodwill of one of those deities who provably exist, you damn well put up a statue and throw a flawless garnet at its feet now and then even if you're not a devout worshipper. You certainly don't steal their stuff and shank their personal coterie in the back. Mostly that's a matter of simple intelligence, because a Goddess is quite likely to employ some dragon slaying engine of death who can slaughter you with just their voice to go get you, and send your soul to said Goddess for some personal retribution. Bagging on the Thieves Guild for putting up some supplication to Nocturne is daft.

I'd agree with forcible joining of the Nightingales though. You should have been able to just tell them you're willing to break Mercey Frey in half and return what he took. If Karliah wants to argue about it you should be able to give her a FUS (not the RO DAH!) to point out you don't need the meagre 'advantage' of being a Nightingale, you're already something far better.

When your entire existence hinges around the goodwill of one of those deities who provably exist, you damn well put up a statue and throw a flawless garnet at its feet now and then even if you're not a devout worshipper. You certainly don't steal their stuff and shank their personal coterie in the back. Mostly that's a matter of simple intelligence, because a Goddess is quite likely to employ some dragon slaying engine of death who can slaughter you with just their voice to go get you, and send your soul to said Goddess for some personal retribution. Bagging on the Thieves Guild for putting up some supplication to Nocturne is daft.

I'd agree with forcible joining of the Nightingales though. You should have been able to just tell them you're willing to break Mercey Frey in half and return what he took. If Karliah wants to argue about it you should be able to give her a FUS (not the RO DAH!) to point out you don't need the meagre 'advantage' of being a Nightingale, you're already something far better.

Khorak would've gone into greater detail but I heard Ulfric stormcloak murdered him with his VOICE! SHOUTED him apart.

Sad that...

Khorak would've gone into greater detail but I heard Ulfric stormcloak murdered him with his VOICE! SHOUTED him apart.

Sad that...

You spend weeks winning the guy a civil war against the Empire, you bring him a priceless artifact to legitimise his reign that the ungrateful s*** never puts on, you buy property in the city and solve every problem......but take one God damned sweetroll from his table, a massive table always laden with food for a court that doesn't exist, and you're part of the SHOUTED APART BRIGADE! >:(

Sad that...

You spend weeks winning the guy a civil war against the Empire, you bring him a priceless artifact to legitimise his reign that the ungrateful s*** never puts on, you buy property in the city and solve every problem......but take one God damned sweetroll from his table, a massive table always laden with food for a court that doesn't exist, and you're part of the SHOUTED APART BRIGADE! >:(

Its because beheadings are too expensive you see? (They cost an arm and a leg)

They're trying to cut costs due to the war.

I feel like I'm being forced to join a religion, why I can't just be an atheist adventurer.

Hard to be an atheist when there's always some wayward god jumping you when you least expect it. You could be an antitheist though.

Edited by abaris

I feel like I'm being forced to join a religion, why I can't just be an atheist adventurer.

Atheism is incompatible with a universe that can provide concrete proof of deities. Atheism is the outright denial that God (or in this case, Gods) even exists, and in the real world it works because....there's no non-faith based evidence he/she/it/they do/does.

It's the atheist who's the crazy person when they're in a world where God tells them to take this sword and go kill undead with it. You can be an antireligious adventurer. Tell those deities to shove it up their bum.