What would you like retextured?

mikeomni

I feel like retexturing something, but I don't have anything particular in mind. So, I'm going to crowdsource - whatever suggestion gets enough upvotes to clearly put it above the rest gets done. Please keep it within reason [ I'm not going to for instance retex like the entirety of Markarth ] A weapon, an object, maybe some armor, something that could be done in a reasonable frame of time.

well not sure this has been mentioned yet but I know females have had their faces overhauled in several mods but there's only one for everyone including MALES out so far yet does not work well at all, at least for me.. My dark elf is so ugly I can barely stand it . with that texture mod he still looks old.. especially standing next to Lydia < modeified by Belle's mod >. The male dumner are hideous to look at lol w/o a beard and i dont like facial hair on elves personally anyway. Would this be an ok idea to fix? Edited by Dragazhar

well not sure this has been mentioned yet but I know females have had their faces overhauled in several mods but there's only one for everyone including MALES out so far yet does not work well at all, at least for me.. My dark elf is so ugly I can barely stand it . with that texture mod he still looks old.. especially standing next to Lydia < modeified by Belle's mod >. The male dumner are hideous to look at lol w/o a beard and i dont like facial hair on elves personally anyway. Would this be an ok idea to fix?

That might be a tall order as at least to what I gained looking through the texture sets myself is that the player character faces are kind of cobbled together from a bunch of different stuff. [remember all those options when you made a character?] It's not like I change what "Jeff" looks like and it's all said and done, I wouldn't even know how to find out with texture sets your particular character is pulling from.

I agree, it might be nice for someone to completely overhaul elves, but that's a significantly large project.

Have anything a little more specific than changing the look of a whole entire race? ;D

The entirety of Markarth would be nice :D

Stupid requests aside... hmm. I know the game's dds files are ridiculously weird, and I really cannot figure out what to do with them (I opened up photoshop, determined to make a black leather jacket and a white undershirt. Five minutes later, I closed it realizing that it was never going to happen.)

Ever thought of making some werewolf skins? A couple have been done, but there are some that people have been looking for that aren't made yet (most notably, gold and dark grey. Ignoring any patterns or non-solid colors entirely.)

Or you could alter the Imperial/Stormcloak guards' armor to have an arrow sticking out of one of their kneecaps. =D

The entirety of Markarth would be nice :D

Stupid requests aside... hmm. I know the game's dds files are ridiculously weird, and I really cannot figure out what to do with them (I opened up photoshop, determined to make a black leather jacket and a white undershirt. Five minutes later, I closed it realizing that it was never going to happen.)

Ever thought of making some werewolf skins? A couple have been done, but there are some that people have been looking for that aren't made yet (most notably, gold and dark grey. Ignoring any patterns or non-solid colors entirely.)

Or you could alter the Imperial/Stormcloak guards' armor to have an arrow sticking out of one of their kneecaps. =D

On .dds files - you need the Nvidia plugin for PS to read them. For Color Maps [textures] and Normal Maps [bump mapping with specularity in the alpha channel] you are generally ok to choose the DXT1 or DXT3 for textures or the DXT3 for Normal maps and the game will read them ok. When you load dds files dont open mipmaps or they won't save right. Google tuts on this, there are a LOT of them. It's not that hard.

Werewolf - not a bad suggestion. Let's see where that gets in the crowdsource. Also, LOL at the arrow thing, but that's a request for a modeller, not doable with just textures.

Dragazar: lol @ easy, I feel ya

I like the werewolf color idea.. That'd work. a good timber/grey one :) a great idea if we could pattern the color of the wolf form by the color of the hair of the person it came from but that would be more complicated I am thinking

Also, is it possible to change skin colors slightly as in the dark elf ones? I mean have a darker grey . I know making skill too dark / black would take away detail .. maybe that would fix my OOOOGLY face LOL but still. I know you can modify some part color here and there but overall skin tone is what im referring to. Having 4 skin colors is annoying but I know we are still waiting for the creation kit to come out.

Edited by Dragazhar

I like the werewolf color idea.. That'd work. a good timber/grey one :) a great idea if we could pattern the color of the wolf form by the color of the hair of the person it came from but that would be more complicated I am thinking

Also, is it possible to change skin colors slightly as in the dark elf ones? I mean have a darker grey . I know making skill too dark / black would take away detail .. maybe that would fix my OOOOGLY face LOL but still. I know you can modify some part color here and there but overall skin tone is what im referring to. Having 4 skin colors is annoying but I know we are still waiting for the creation kit to come out.

I'm going to stay away from modifying player character appearances in this case. Too many variables, too complicated. Pick objects, weapons, NPC, et cetera.