CRASH TO DESKTOP WHEN FAST TRAVELING TO SKYRIM

Manofadifferentbreed

Ok I hate to dissapoint you but I think that 99% of are wrong.

And it is really fustrating to search for YET ANOTHER bug and alway getting nothing.

I just finished the cult of boethiah quest and now I cannot fast travvel anywhere. I did not install any new mods, I did not update the game, Ichanged nothing since I started the quest.

And I fast traveled to get to the location to finishe the quest. So I would imagine that the mods or resolution have nothing to do with it.

And there is absolutely no way I am going to remove my mods or change resolution.

I would really appreciate it if someone can come up with a solution.

After quite some testing. This mod seems to have solved the problem for me.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3211

You don't need that since Skyrim is now 4GB enabled by default. So what you are doing is running a mod to tell Skyrim what it already should/is doing now. It's like telling your kid to go wash the car when they are already washing it.

I'm also crashing constantly, whether it's just walking around or fast travelling, I can't go 30 minutes without a crash. Is this because of 1.3.10? I got a new GPU for this game specifically and it's disappointing to see it crash consistently. I had a GeForce 9500, but I upgraded to a GTX 550 Ti. I did the sound thing, I've re-installed numerous times, and verified the game cache as well. I guess I'll try the no mods thing. I really hope I can start playing again because this game is just too amazing.

After quite some testing. This mod seems to have solved the problem for me.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3211

You don't need that since Skyrim is now 4GB enabled by default. So what you are doing is running a mod to tell Skyrim what it already should/is doing now. It's like telling your kid to go wash the car when they are already washing it.

washing the car...mmm thats a good reason to have kids I guess, I just froze my a** off washing it myself :-)

Anyway I have not isntalled the 1.3 patch so my Skyrim was indeed working with 2GB memory. so the mod did actually change something .

I'm crashing to desktop too.. constantly. Skyrim has become 100% unplayable for me, its very frustrating. I haven't changed anything since I last played it in late December.. but now its just completely unplayable. I didn't install any new mods and this just started happening.

I have tried setting shadows to low and it hasn't resolved the issue.

Edited by Raddra

• 5 months later...

I've been playing Skyrim here for a couple of days now with no issues up until last night. Everytime I trya and fast travel to Whiterun my game crashes to the desktop. I don't know why this is all of a sudden happening. I don't think it's mod related. I believe it has something to do with the the 1.3 patch update. I been loading the game using 4GB as well. Has anyone had any issues with their game with the new 1.3 patch update? Has anyone had CTD when trying to fast travel to Whiterun? Also has anyone found a solution to fix it? Thanks.

is it to late? delete skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini in MY DOUCMENTS/MY GAMES/SKYRIM. And also in your skyrim folder(if there is any).. Then, load and play as usual. It will create new skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini.

• 10 months later...