CRASH TO DESKTOP WHEN FAST TRAVELING TO SKYRIM

Manofadifferentbreed

Someone found the solution?

I saw this solution but it didn't worked for me.

1. In Windows 7, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound

2. You will see your default sound device. Click it, then click properties.

3. Go to the Advanced Tab, make sure the default format is set to 44.1Khz 16-bit.

4. Hit Apply/OK, then run Skyrim.

My system:

Pros: Intel Core I5 2500 3.30G/6M/S1155

Video: Sapphire HD6850 1024M

Ram: Corsair Dominator 1600MHZ DDR3 4GO

Oops - posted a similar thread just now (didn't see this one) at:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/499034-wtf-is-up-with-all-the-ctds/

I, too have been getting a lot of CTDs, mainly when Fast-Travelling but occasionally when transitioning between cells (with transition screen, not when running around thorough exterior cells). It started a few days ago - was that when the patch dropped?

-matt

• 3 weeks later...
yup ditto here ... 1.3 definitely has a memory leak .... constant ctd anywhere near windhelm, transitioning from in to out & vice-versa & while fast travel ... never crashed while using 1.1, I actually finished the game with it, then I patched & re-rolled .... worst decision evar!

I am having the same problem, i was playing Skyrim, then i went on holiday blabla, and so when i got back home, i wanted to play some Skyrim. Game loaded, save game loaded. And i wanted to fast travel to Whiterun. Crashed. I thought of going on foot, as soon as i got closer to the mountains, it crashed.

It still crashes for me but I sorta figured out the problem ... if I turn my resolution all the way down and set everything on low I can fast travel but the game looks like shite from the 80's ... but at least I know it's a texture loading issue ... Whiterun is in the center of the map and every thing radiates out from there, since 1.310 I consistently crashed whenever I got close to the farms ... I figured out I needed to lose all of my Hi Rez Textures Packs that made my game eye-candy ... cleaned it all out one by one.

To get back the look I wanted I needed to use the enb series 1.02 tasudoshi mod paired with all of Opticshooters Packs helped a lot and it still looks amazing! My native resolution is 1680 x 1050 so I use 1400 x 900 to get my candy + performance ... when I played thru the first time on 1.1 I had enb series v.90 & 4080 texture packs and was able to run on native all the way to the end without one ctd <<shrugs>> but it didn't look as good as it does now...

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo286/alienzerox/Skyrim%20Screens/ScreenShot57.jpg

It still crashes for me but I sorta figured out the problem ... if I turn my resolution all the way down and set everything on low I can fast travel but the game looks like shite from the 80's ... but at least I know it's a texture loading issue ... Whiterun is in the center of the map and every thing radiates out from there, since 1.310 I consistently crashed whenever I got close to the farms ... I figured out I needed to lose all of my Hi Rez Textures Packs that made my game eye-candy ... cleaned it all out one by one.

To get back the look I wanted I needed to use the enb series 1.02 tasudoshi mod paired with all of Opticshooters Packs helped a lot and it still looks amazing! My native resolution is 1680 x 1050 so I use 1400 x 900 to get my candy + performance ... when I played thru the first time on 1.1 I had enb series v.90 & 4080 texture packs and was able to run on native all the way to the end without one ctd <<shrugs>> but it didn't look as good as it does now...

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo286/alienzerox/Skyrim%20Screens/ScreenShot57.jpg

Well, i am having some mods too, like water quality and better faces etc etc. I uncheck all off them and switched my Shadows to low, (so from what ive seen it does not have to do anything with the mods, or the textures) it still happens the same thing. thou the interesting thing is that it NEVER crashed before.

I'd suggest you haven't actually disabled ALL the mods you've installed.

I had the same problem; I was convinced I'd disabled ALL mods, but the problem wouldn't go away.

1.3.10 crashed repeatedly, repeatably and predictably as described above (which I think is linked to saves - autosave (e.g. on transition, fast travel, wait) or manual)).

1.2.10 was stable.

When I did a folder/file compare against a clean install I found I'd forgotten about the FXAA Injector mod and a small texture mod. Once those were deleted the problem went away, and 1.3.10 is rock solid.

I'd be wary of any texture mod that is't from a highly reputable source, and even then I'd think twice about whatever stability is preferable to eye-candy. I had the same issue with FO3 and textures. I thought the little texture mod I added would have been trouble free - it might not have been. elsewhere, however, someone also seems to have a problem with the FXAA injector.

Now I'll only add mods from trusted modders, and I'll steer clear of texture mods, no matter how pretty.

I'd suggest you haven't actually disabled ALL the mods you've installed.

I had the same problem; I was convinced I'd disabled ALL mods, but the problem wouldn't go away.

1.3.10 crashed repeatedly, repeatably and predictably as described above (which I think is linked to saves - autosave (e.g. on transition, fast travel, wait) or manual)).

1.2.10 was stable.

When I did a folder/file compare against a clean install I found I'd forgotten about the FXAA Injector mod and a small texture mod. Once those were deleted the problem went away, and 1.3.10 is rock solid.

I'd be wary of any texture mod that is't from a highly reputable source, and even then I'd think twice about whatever stability is preferable to eye-candy. I had the same issue with FO3 and textures. I thought the little texture mod I added would have been trouble free - it might not have been. elsewhere, however, someone also seems to have a problem with the FXAA injector.

Now I'll only add mods from trusted modders, and I'll steer clear of texture mods, no matter how pretty.

It may have been the clean install then patched to 1.310 that fixes the problem ... I never actually tried that ... I just patched my existing game.

I never had the fxaa injector mod installed, but thats good to know.

How do we know who are the trusted modders?

I just wanted to add that I raised the values of the interior & exterior cell buffers in the skyrim.ini [144/288], I also raised my paging file on my box to a static 13000 which lowered my RAM usage 20% from what it was, I have yet to use the PCB command in the console during gaming but I will try it tonight.

Edited by alienzerox

its the new update. i uninstalled skyrim completly lossing all my mods. STILL it crashes! i donwloaded a cracked update (bear with me admins) to see what i can unistall in my steam folder(what files to delete) and just took out the last update. skyrim works fine now..... but i cant make my invitory items turn around with my mouse :\

YES i own skyrim.... i lost an account because the admins though i cracked Fallout so im a bit paranoid about that '~'

Edit: maby its something we have in common with are PCs

Edited by xXStretcHXx117