Is it bad to use a walkthrough?

GoldRecord

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is it cheating to use a walkthrough?

• No
    • Yes

Usually, the first time I play the game I try NOT to look at walktroughs or spoil the game any other way (except some situations where it's impossible to progress without some help from the outside, e.g. due to a glitch or a disbalanced gameplay), but the second time I play I use the wwalkthroughs to try and discover all the opportunities I missed the first time.

Walkthroughs are for when you get stuck and have spent some amount of time trying to figure out how to complete a quest. Using one for this purpose is not really cheating.

Using one from square one to play through the entire game ruins the experience and makes everything too easy.

Walkthroughs are for when you get stuck and have spent some amount of time trying to figure out how to complete a quest. Using one for this purpose is not really cheating.

Using one from square one to play through the entire game ruins the experience and makes everything too easy.

Yeah, that's right. Puzzles can confuse you. Trying everything that's in your old brain and you get frustrated, you would then try to seek help from the internet. While I was playing Morrowind, I kept getting stuck and couldn't progress without walkthroughs and having to quit the game and restarting it was super annoying :wallbash: I had distant land on so I couldn't Alt+Tab out of the game without having it crash.