Chat Channel when entering Taverns and Inns

steve782

Briefly, I am just wondering if it would be possible to implement a feature such that when you enter a tavern or inn, a chat channel opens up that allows you to talk with other players also playing skyrim. Of course, you could not actually see the other players avatars or anything - this mod would be for chatting purposes only.

I think this would be a really cool element to have in the game: we could gather in taverns to roleplay, discuss our adventures and etc. I know there are chat channels already specifically for skyrim in many forums, but in principle, I would want these channels to link directly to the taverns of skyrim and you have to enter one to join the chat.

Ultimately, I would want to keep this mod very minimalistic and simple.

Basically what I envision is when you enter a tavern, you are assigned to a random chat room (with say 100 people max) so that you can RP with them and discuss your adventures. Im also wondering if its possible to auto-join a chat channel in your web browser (say) when you enter a tavern, however the chat box also shows up in game. Something to this effect.

This would not be a multiplayer mod in the traditional sense, but simply a chat room that spawns in game upon entering a tavern.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not this would be possible? If so, could you point me to the relevant technologies?

Thanks

Edited by steve782

First, you'd have to establish a multiplayer mod; Which, although may be possible in Skyrim (We'll have to see when the CK comes out in January), is heavily unlikely, as many projects had tried with Oblivion and Fallout. Therefore, this is impossible at the moment, and probably wouldn't work. It's best to just use the Steam interface if you're just looking to chat with your friends. Edited by IxionInc