Can dragon age origins use more the 2GB of memory ?

seweryn

So I have windows xp and have 4 GB of memory but my dragon age is using around 2 GB of memory and loading times ( My override folder have 5 GB :D )

Still I know xp see maximum 3,25 GB I was wondering if you can somehow force Dragon age origins to use more then 2 GB of memory since it always stops on 2200 GB totally taken on my machine.

Can anyone help thanks.

DAO can only use more thatn 2GB the same way Skyrim, Fallout, etc. can: by editing the .exe file header to set the "Large Memory Area Available" flag.

Here's a link to the discussion on the BSN about how to do it (see 8th post on the page): DAO - FO3 Large Memory Area fix.

I've used this method ever since 1.03 caused immediate and repeated CtD on my rig. :thumbsup:

DAO can only use more thatn 2GB the same way Skyrim, Fallout, etc. can: by editing the .exe file header to set the "Large Memory Area Available" flag.

Here's a link to the discussion on the BSN about how to do it (see 8th post on the page): DAO - FO3 Large Memory Area fix.

I've used this method ever since 1.03 caused immediate and repeated CtD on my rig. :thumbsup:

I have done what was written on the fallout 3 mod about using more then 2 GB for windows xp. I hope it helps me. I mean editing the boot.ini file.

Thanks for info.

I don't believe an ".ini" change will implement the use of >2GB RAM.

That requires the flag to be set in the ".exe" file.

But I could be mistaken here. As I said, I've had success with the latter method, and haven't tried any other. Anyone tried both and can provide more info?

I don't believe an ".ini" change will implement the use of >2GB RAM.

That requires the flag to be set in the ".exe" file.

But I could be mistaken here. As I said, I've had success with the latter method, and haven't tried any other. Anyone tried both and can provide more info?

You have to change both on windows xp 32 bit since that windows internally have written that any program cannot use more then 2 GB of memory so you have to change that and then modify exe with cff explorer to specific program to use more then 2 GB ram.

I have to install this game on my windows 7 64 bit then since my dao isn't using more then 2 GB either way lol.

Thanks for the help nonetheless.

• 2 years later...

@Lanfried; Glad to hear adjusting the number of CPU cores in use got things working for you. That doesn't change the amount of RAM the game can/will use, but if it solves the problem you're having, who cares?! :laugh: