Pre-CK list of Immersion-Breakers

PR4Y

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have no experience modding with this engine why not start with fallout or oblivion while your waiting. It's going to dam similar.

Just about every NPC in whiterun needs to shut their hole. The old lady, the priest, the i want my sword back dude, the i have some wood and a part-time job guy, the children then run upto me every time i leave my door and tell me, my parents tell me not to talk to strangers or i sell fruit. ffs go away.

Ofcourse the problem is much more serious. Why do guards know every single skill I have ever used and every faction I've ever joined, and if or if I have no stolen someones sweet roll...

Im so wanting a mod that makes FIRST, Maven Blackbriar killeable (without breaking the game).

SECOND, every time she threatens me with the "I got contacts in the Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild" line I must be able to say "I AM the Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild biatch, if you continue to exist and have any money left, its cuz i allow you to do so."

But that probably wouldnt work out UNLESS Beth packed some unused dialogue for her somewhere in the bsas /wishfull thinking

So =>

Actor Name: Maven Blackbriar

Actor Location: Riften

Speech in Question: Her whole damn dialogues

Related Triggers: Probably end of Dark Brotherhood questline and end of the Thieves Guild questline.

Suggested Alternative Speech: Panic in silence.

Other Information:

Actor Name: Sapphire

Actor Location: Thieves' Guild Cistern

Dialogue: Her whole thing about her name.

Trigger: Show the Guild Leader to be a fraud.

Suggested Dialogue: Just a continuation of what she actually says, I'm kinda curious what her real name is.

Edited by TigerWolfe

If anyone knows of a .wav to .fuz converter, I could get started editing existing voice files. I just extracted the voice bsas a couple of days ago and have been going through them labelling,etc. I just don't know if they need to be .fuz files for the game to recognize them. I have done a lot of audio editing in the past, and I'm pretty good at making things flow.

I'll see if I can't come up with something in the next couple of days in .wav format. I just need to know about the file format.

Im so wanting a mod that makes FIRST, Maven Blackbriar killeable (without breaking the game).

SECOND, every time she threatens me with the "I got contacts in the Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild" line I must be able to say "I AM the Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild biatch, if you continue to exist and have any money left, its cuz i allow you to do so."

But that probably wouldnt work out UNLESS Beth packed some unused dialogue for her somewhere in the bsas /wishfull thinking

So =>

Actor Name: Maven Blackbriar

Actor Location: Riften

Speech in Question: Her whole damn dialogues

Related Triggers: Probably end of Dark Brotherhood questline and end of the Thieves Guild questline.

Suggested Alternative Speech: Panic in silence.

Other Information:

The line: "Anyone makes trouble for me and I pay a visit to the Thieves Guild. Make me angry and I contact the Dark Brotherhood." is in the file dialogueri_dialogueriftenm_00098644_2.

Changing that dialog to point to mq201party_mq201partymaven_000bc259_1 will make her say "Have you learned nothing about me? I have dealings with everyone."

...and the subsequent file ("You do well to remember that the next time you make such a stupid observation!") could point to tg04_mavenfarmsalebranchto_00050adc_2 ("I take care of my friends.")

This is a simple fix (perhaps dependent upon a rank check?) that doesn't require any extra voices or modification of existing files.

Any companion, when you leave any place, for example: "oh look, a cave! I wonder what's down there." Ya know, when we just finished going in and figuring out what's down there.

I skipped a few pages of the thread in case anybody has already mentioned this one.

Annoying immersion breaking moment from my first playthrough:

at the begining of "Join the Imperial Legion", or "Join the Stormcloaks", if you've done the main quest first, both General Tullius and Ulfric only comment that "oh, you were at Helgen" as if that's the only time they saw you when you'd met them before at the peace conference

Actually I think an easy early fix to a lot of these "not paying attention to your accomplishment" issues could be addressed by swapping in a general greeting similar to what happens when you recruit followers for the Blades. In that case their default greeting changes to something like "what do you need, Dragonborn?". I'd hazard a guess that that audio clip, or one very similar, already exists for the majority of the existing voice actors in the game.