I will give Ulfric credit

Handofbane

guys guys! we are not here to argue about slavery! its about ulfric.

That's racism at it's best. "Can't let black people into our store because they're all thieves" is racist, and it's obviously racism. But for some reason Khajiit are different?

they are different because you see black ppl as thieves but kajiits are thieves! and this has been proved (kajiits have higher sneak and pickpocket skill than other races)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thalmor are like Americans? I'd say thalmor are more like nazis who want to eliminate a religious group.

I believe that people initially saw the storm cloaks as the "good guys" because it was the imperials who were determined to behead you. Also, the '"rebels'" are usually the good guys. I totall agree with the op, I want to restart my character just because I joined this lunatic.

Edit: You may want to do some research on why America is in Iraq XD

Oil.

I think that the Thalmor are more like the Christians in Denmark in the 11th century.

It all fits. Vikings being religiously persecuted for their beliefs by outsiders who were (at the beginning of the century) a relatively small percentage by area.

I think that the Thalmor are more like the Christians in Denmark in the 11th century.

It all fits. Vikings being religiously persecuted for their beliefs by outsiders who were (at the beginning of the century) a relatively small percentage by area.

It would actually be more accurate to say that the Thalmor are like a tribe of trolls that basically believe the same thing as the Norse pagans do, but instead they decide that Thor is some silly a**wipe undeserving of divinity, and because of that they're willing to destroy the people who put faith in him, and all because Thor beats the crap out of trolls every day.

ulfrik is a hypocrite.he says he wants a free skyrim for the good of the nords but all he wants in the throne.if u join him and finish the civil war you hear him at his speech : i dont want to become high king unless the other jarls elect me to be so ( but he aldready had that crown to ensure he would become high kin).also funny that thats the first quest with him ( the imperial dont count they go there just because stormcloaks go) meaning he was like : i wont end the war if i aint sure i become high king.and after speech that annoying second in comand of stormcloaks says : hah nice work about that high king quote.ulfrik : yeah i thought it was a nice idea as well.and at the treaty counsil he wants demands all time.give markath!!!thats my term for this treaty!!!! skyrim is under attack by dragons,alduin is preparing to kill all of them and ulfrik looks for ways to win civil war in the peace treaty.yeah what an awesome king he would be.plus by liberating skyrim u give the thalmor an excuse to invade skyrim and i totally hate em!!!!hopefully u get to attack em in one of the expansions ( but i am almost sure it will include the dwarves instead)

Actually, following the dialog (i.e. just stand and let them talk) for lengthy periods shows that it's others that want (and expect) Ulfric to be High King more than him having bloodlust for the crown. Not saying he doesn't have asperations, just that they pale in comparison to others expectations of him.

I'll say this much though, the Stormcloaks under his leadership at least treat the civilian population as non-combatants (including the other races), can't say the same for the Imperials - who scene after scene are marching someone off to an execution.

I'll say this much though, the Stormcloaks under his leadership at least treat the civilian population as non-combatants (including the other races), can't say the same for the Imperials - who scene after scene are marching someone off to an execution.

Their marching rebels off for execution. They'd do the same to you in pretty much every country around the world if you tried to overthrow the government. They just LOOK like non-combatants because only an idiot would march an armed enemy soldier to his execution.

It's stated clearly in several of the villages that, on a broad level, it doesn't matter whose army it is who marches through, their all the same. They expect food, lodgings, probably a few bar maids, and all they offer is 'the promise of protection'. At the same time, you have several referances in cities, such as Morthal and Markarth, which refer to the Legion going around and trying to better peoples lots. For instance, in Markarth, when you try to get the shift supervisor to lighten up on his workers, he says you sound just like a damned Legionarie. I have yet to hear similar claims made of any Stormcloaks.

well i guess its dark elves problem to. there is a high elf in wind helm, niranye, that when you ask her" are you treated as bad as dark elves?" she tells you that it was like that at first but then she made right friends and it was solved. then she adds that dark elves are so proud and naive to understand what they should do to live easier.

well i guess its dark elves problem to. there is a high elf in wind helm, niranye, that when you ask her" are you treated as bad as dark elves?" she tells you that it was like that at first but then she made right friends and it was solved. then she adds that dark elves are so proud and naive to understand what they should do to live easier.

Dark Elves are not particularly pleasent people, by and large. Most of Tamriel's prior experience with Dunmer was through outcasts and individuals who were prone to wanderlust, not the mainstream population. When that population was displaced... Well... Dark Elves are a bitter, haughty people who would rather die than admit their wrong.

Their also racist as all hell. Which, of course, is why you can't judge the stormcloaks, or even Ulfric, simply on the grounds of them being racist. With the exception of the institution of the Empire (not to be confused with Cyrodiil, or the individuals which make up the Empires population) Racism is the only real commonality between the races of Tamriel.

I read through about eleven pages of this topic, and reading it made me only support Ulfric stronger, so many people in this topic seem to think he's the devil incarnate, and that killing Torygg was "MURDER WITHOUT SYMPATHY".

I don't know what points were made since then, but killing someone is a duel does not mean it's murder. Way of the voice is not magic, it was used by Talos, and Nords respect Talos, so I see no reason why it would be 'illegal' to use it in a duel. A duel of which no one knows the rules of. "Oh no Ulfric is a monster for Murdering Torygg". Torygg accepted the duel knowing full well the outcome, and it was according to the ancient Nordic laws.

I'm a firm supporter of the Stormcloaks, because they're doing nothing wrong. Skyrim is their homeland, (The Nedes came from Atmora long ago and settled there in Skyrim.) and the Stormcloaks are simply defending their land from Elves who think they're better than man. Seriously, how would you feel if Someone came up to you and told you Jesus was not a legitimate religious figure, then banned him, even if you, and everyone in your country worshiped him? You'd be mad as hell. Talos was a god of men, and the Mer are only banning him to feel superior, I fully support the Nords worship of Talos. (Also, if Talos wasn't a god, how can he still give you divine protection at his shrines?"

I really don't know what else was said. But I support the Stormcloaks entirely, and I believe they're doing the right thing.