Fallout 3 game of the year edition freezes during birth scene

Metalthrasher11

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem, but I managed to fix it by doing the following operations (thanks to Sari-December for those, BTW) :

- Reinstalling the whole vanilla game.

- Setting SetbUseThreadedAI to 0 and adding iNumHWThreads=2 in Fallout .ini.

- Using CCleaner to get rid of junk data and register keys.

- Reinstalling ONLY FOSE and FWE 6.03.

- Using PCB in-game to empty the cache.

Right now, I have only FWE installed, but since it was the buggy one, other mods should work fine as long as you're careful with the load order.

EDIT : Streetlights makes the game freeze regardless of where do I put it in the load order.

Edited by Kaarvani

• 1 year later...

I had this problem but I fixed it myself without having to reinstall the game, I put the d3d9.dll in the game folder and fixed all the .ini for the game with that core fix that you have to use (bUseThreadedAI to 0 and adding iNumHWThreads=2), used Games for Windows Live disabler, ran it in FULLSCREEN with 16:9 ratio at the lowest ratio had anti-anilizing OFF moved the FALLOUT3.esm above the anchorage.esm, and only had Desperate Pleasures.esp and T6M Power Armor Replacement+DLC.esp mods installed--I use FOMM--well I made it to the birthday scene so I am going to assume I fixed it well I am done for right now

I am running:

Dell Inspiron 5520

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel® Core i5-3210m CPU @ 2.50GHz

8.oo RAM

64-bit OS

Sorry if I bumped a dead thread, but I figure that if I can help some people it's worth it

Edited by joseph33759

I've tried the auto sorter and it hasn't helped. As I've said, it's happened even after I've turned off all my mods, so I doubt it's them.

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/17209//?

ok, just run only fallout3.esm, with GFWL fully Enabled after installing that bypass file. your on steam, so go into your steam account, and use the preferences for it to not run that game, Even though it is downloaded from steam, you need the data for the video scenes to run, that part of the files this game uses for those short vids. In your game folder on your PC, find this (GDFInstall) run it. If you do not have that then your missing software the game needs.

I checked this thread to watch so I'll be around to see, mainly because of the i3 processor is borderline for this game. you may be locking the PC up, reached that units limit. I has to run all of that software at once.

kitty.