Crashing to Desktop

ariinya

I have a question about the mod manager I was told to use. I'm supposed to go to the "mods" tab and use the button that says "Add Mod from File", correct? When I do that, and I install the mods using this program, will similar files overwrite each other? Also, will I be able to tell which mod is causing my problems?

I'm using both. I would list them all, but I found a LOT of mods that I like. Face replacers, environmental, things like that, and also some odds and ends that improve combat, change the weight of items, things like that.

Will it work with a new save game in its current condition?

All mods that work at all, will ALWAYS work with a new game. A new save however is different. Whatever mods were used when making the save must be present when loading that save or corruption/crashes can occur.

Will it work with a new save game in its current condition?

All mods that work at all, will ALWAYS work with a new game. A new save however is different. Whatever mods were used when making the save must be present when loading that save or corruption/crashes can occur.

Thats not true.

Mods that need work can cause a ctd on a new save game.

I was trying to help him figure out whether or not it was a mod issue or something else. If it ctd's on a new game then that narrows down the possibilities.

First off, you certainly don't need NMM for any of the presently available mods, even the ones that have esps. I currently have five esps with no load order issues and have done nothing/nada/zip about it, I've also tried/added/deleted almost every texture/meshe/sound mod without issue. 4GB enabling is certainly mandatory. Relying on a third party application can always problematic for new users as they don't get to know the actual fool-proof manual method of adding files that have precedence over the BSAs, I don't use NMM.

If you believe, which you should, your game load is corrupt for some reason just re-install it and start it up to verify operation. From there add one mod at a time and restart the game and play for a bit to verify stability/content and go from there. One of the best things of mods is mixing and matching to your own tastes as you probably know, manual placements are totally the way to go and very simple even for someone new.

ariinya, you can PM me with your specifics if you want my help. :)

The 'master' ini is just that and not visible unless you ~saveini... 1400+ lines: If you believe your prefs and Skyrim ini are fooked and don't have a vanilla backup, just delete them and they will be regenerated upon start of any save.

For esp and esm load orders.

You need to check show hidden files in win 7 folder option.

Then go c drive user user appdata local folder -> look for a file name plugins. Rearrange load orders there with notepad and save it will have the right order. Alway rem add mod after Skyrim.esm so it look like this

Skyrim.esm

Yourmods.esp

.esp

You're going to have to be more specific as to which .ini files you're using and what you're changing in them etc.

Also, as your issue is separate from the OP's it's highly recommended for you to make your own topic.