FOOTPRINTS OF THE JOTUN - New WIP mod - Looking for feedback/collaborators.

yoitskav

PLEASE SEE IMGUR GALLERY FOR OUTLINE -

Hey team! It's Kav here - you may have seen some of my stuff if you ever googled "best fallout settlements"

due to a lot of demand I trained myself to build in the CK now so I can make mods.

I am still VERY green but I have access to some talented developers, voice actors and 3d artists. HOWEVER none of them play f04. So I'm looking for F04 modders who might be interested in a collab.

FOTJ will be a mostly cosmetic mod, littering the commonwealth with the derelict frames of powered-down mechs. Lore will be provided to the Survivor with a series of professional fully-voiced Holotapes, creating a treasure/scavenger hunt that will take the PC on a journey to all the mech sites.

Planned features

• 30+ mechs hidden throughout the commonwealth (and far harbor, Nuka world, ect)

• Scavenger hunt/ Treasure hunt style quest to find holotapes

• Immersive storyline that follows the rise and fall of the Iron File, a group of scrap raiders who became something so much more.

• New faction, enemies - The IRON FILE (see image at the bottom )

I'm looking for modders who are good at creating quests (for the treasure hunt) and = npcs (for the Iron File Faction).

Also looking for feedback, issues, and to meet people here at Nexus.

So far one of the major questions I have which has been brought up by a few people - do I make it mostly smaller mech-like statues or do I go full-hog with the crazy huge ones you also see in the gallery? I'm leaning towards the former. Input?

Cheers

Kav

Quite interesting. At first I saw pictures and thought that you were planning that meches to be fully functional, but still impressing. The only downside for me is that some of them look absolutely not lore-friendly for now and you should try hard to make up a backstory that will fit into the lore of fallout.

From what I've seen so far, these look really impressive and unique. I'd love to see them in-game.

The only ones that I'm personally not keen on are the bird-like mech or the mech on the car park roof, but I'm not sure if it's just the placement/pose that I don't like or if it's that they're my least favourite models; possibly a combination of both. Hard to tell without seeing them from more angles/views.

The Rust Kraken is one of my favourites, although the pose makes it look like it's still active, I'd have thought that if it was powered down it would look a bit more slumped against the building due to it's sheer size and weight.

The yellow-coloured one (shown in two different poses) looks great, I love the additional touch of adding the skeleton of the 'pilot' in there.

The truck/s I can't quite make my mind up about, but like everything seen so far they're definitely a sight to behold.

The Sea Dragon type mech was the first one I saw, and immediately caught my attention with how good it looked.

So in summary, I love what your doing and what your bringing to the game, even if there are just cosmetic. I'd personally like to see them all in the mod, minus the bird one or the mech on the car-park roof - but that's just me, and my tastes obviously differ from other peoples.

If you need more construcitve criticism, playtesting etc feel free to contact me. I'd offer you my services, but I've only made a few fairly simple mods atm and my skills lie more with video/audio than anything else.

Regardless, this is incredible work, keep going!

From what I've seen so far, these look really impressive and unique. I'd love to see them in-game.

The only ones that I'm personally not keen on are the bird-like mech or the mech on the car park roof, but I'm not sure if it's just the placement/pose that I don't like or if it's that they're my least favourite models; possibly a combination of both. Hard to tell without seeing them from more angles/views.

The Rust Kraken is one of my favourites, although the pose makes it look like it's still active, I'd have thought that if it was powered down it would look a bit more slumped against the building due to it's sheer size and weight.

The yellow-coloured one (shown in two different poses) looks great, I love the additional touch of adding the skeleton of the 'pilot' in there.

The truck/s I can't quite make my mind up about, but like everything seen so far they're definitely a sight to behold.

The Sea Dragon type mech was the first one I saw, and immediately caught my attention with how good it looked.

So in summary, I love what your doing and what your bringing to the game, even if there are just cosmetic. I'd personally like to see them all in the mod, minus the bird one or the mech on the car-park roof - but that's just me, and my tastes obviously differ from other peoples.

If you need more construcitve criticism, playtesting etc feel free to contact me. I'd offer you my services, but I've only made a few fairly simple mods atm and my skills lie more with video/audio than anything else.

Regardless, this is incredible work, keep going!

Thanks so much!

The Dragon (or bird) won't be included so no worries there! I just posted it as an example of what I CAN make, but most people seem to enjoy the smaller lore appropriate mechs. The Sea Monster I love too much not to include but I think I might place it deep underwater as one of the final mechs to find (maybe protecting a dungeon?)

I would love to send you an early esp to test maybe? I'm gonna get the number of mechs to 10 before that though.

As for the blue mech haha I call him Pixar. He's a bit more goofy looking than the rest, I might try to mess with him a bit in the future.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've not heard anything about this since the last message I wrote: it's probable that the project has been dropped, which is a real shame.

Although I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if this turns out not to be the case (was really looking forward to this mod)

Gonna hope it's just being worked on under the radar. ^

Was just getting back into Fo4 and this mod came to mind, have honestly been looking for an hour to just figure out if I was crazy or not that the WIP existed, happy to have found the gallery again. Love the work and hope it gets finished one day.

• 4 months later...