All quests are essentially...

Omeletter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So true, and you can also add the fact that 80% of these dungeons are filled with only Draugr, 15% Vampires, 5% Random Stuff, and that is one of the many reasons I was extremely disapointed with skyrim, I tought in a weird anology but I guess it works, Oblivion is like a crater/hole/dig site, it is this wide ----- but it goes deep, Skyrim is wider -------------- bigger wich means more potential, but it's nowhere as deep as Oblivion or Morrowind, it's like a rushed game really, the "Art of Premature Release" topic recieved lots of hate but it is the truth, they wanted the cool 11-11-11 and look at what we got, Skyrim has a lot of potential, it's just that this potential is not developed. What have you done Bethesda... What have you done... :facepalm:

i agree, skyrim has a lot potential but the potential hasnt been reached yet.

as to what OP was saying, all of thieves guild quests are not suppose to kill anyone, the guy tells you, 'i dont want to see blood spilled', although you can choose to kill

There's a general problem with todays games and that is the developers assuming, illiterate imbeciles are their core audience. That's not entirely Skyrim related, its just that Skyrim is the last in a long row of shallow questgiving. You get a pointer, probably in the hope you're still bright enough to get the message. You don't have to ask any NPC where to go or what to do, because that would require some reading skills. Then you go there, kill whatever is in that cave/barrow/ruin and make back with the loot.

The primary goal is action, action, action. Quantity before quality.

The Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion were more creative than that in Skyrim. The ending to skyrim's DB quest line was cooler but the assassinations needed to be more complex, or, even better, obvious parodies of famous murder novels/plots.

whodunit was funnn

There's a general problem with todays games and that is the developers assuming, illiterate imbeciles are their core audience. That's not entirely Skyrim related, its just that Skyrim is the last in a long row of shallow questgiving. You get a pointer, probably in the hope you're still bright enough to get the message. You don't have to ask any NPC where to go or what to do, because that would require some reading skills. Then you go there, kill whatever is in that cave/barrow/ruin and make back with the loot.

The primary goal is action, action, action. Quantity before quality.

Yup I agree with you, also this doesn't have to do much with Skyrim too but egoraptor made a video about Mega Man and it's X sequel, and explained how you taught yourself to play the game, and he actually did a funny graph, "Yeah, I get it" moments in video games, until the late 90's it was very low but then it started skyrocketing lol, it even showed the beggining of Black Ops, with the "follow" on the guy and he was like NO s***, the police trying to arest you and the objective "Escape the police" and again the NO s***, and I mean it seems like the developers think that we are idiots and can't think for ourselves, I mean cmon really?

I like the the Oblivion quest, A Brush with Death, where you jump into a painting. And Fallout 3's quest, Tranquility Lane. There was killing involved, but they stood out as different from the rest of the game. Can't wait to see Skyrim's equivalent. It's not in the main quest line, but I hope to find it soon!

edit:

Pretty sure Tranquility Lane can be done without killing, but I didn't play it that way. In Skyrim on the other hand, I did my best to do Diplomatic Immunity completely covertly, but in the end, it was impossible to pickpocket the key needed to continue.

Tranquilty Lane was my favorite Fallout quest,

It technically could be done without you killing anyone, but i think every one dies anyway before you leave. And you clicked on gnomes and bottles in a certain sequence with fun noises to do end it lol

I like the the Oblivion quest, A Brush with Death, where you jump into a painting. And Fallout 3's quest, Tranquility Lane. There was killing involved, but they stood out as different from the rest of the game. Can't wait to see Skyrim's equivalent. It's not in the main quest line, but I hope to find it soon!

edit:

Pretty sure Tranquility Lane can be done without killing, but I didn't play it that way. In Skyrim on the other hand, I did my best to do Diplomatic Immunity completely covertly, but in the end, it was impossible to pickpocket the key needed to continue.

Diplomatic Immunity did feel like a big missed opportunity. I'm looking forward to someone modding that one so that it can be done completely covertly.

The problem with a lot of you guys, if I may be so bold, is that you're rushing through this game putting in hundreds of hours before it's even been patched to an acceptable standard, with no DLC or any proper mods for it.

Me, I'm taking my time. I play a couple of hours every now and then. I'm well aware that I'm playing something that is essentially a beta version that really shouldn't have seen the light of day until 2012 and I don't want to ruin it for myself by finishing it while it's in this state. I've no doubt that once it's been patched up a few times, some DLC has been released and the mod community has gotten their hands on the development tools, it will be a profoundly deeper experience.

The problem with a lot of you guys, if I may be so bold, is that you're rushing through this game putting in hundreds of hours before it's even been patched to an acceptable standard, with no DLC or any proper mods for it.

Me, I'm taking my time. I play a couple of hours every now and then. I'm well aware that I'm playing something that is essentially a beta version that really shouldn't have seen the light of day until 2012 and I don't want to ruin it for myself by finishing it while it's in this state. I've no doubt that once it's been patched up a few times, some DLC has been released and the mod community has gotten their hands on the development tools, it will be a profoundly deeper experience.

So you are saying that when a game is released we have no right to play it? You are saying that we can't play a game wich they hyped the crap out of everyone with the FUS RO DAH trailer? You are saying that I need to wait for a bloody DLC to enjoy it? The game should have been good on release, there's no excuse, if it wasn't they should pushed back the cool release date uhh every number is the same!! 11-11-11 Uhhh huhuhuhu! Seriously do you have any idea what are you saying there? You are basically saying that you acept this and you are fine with it, yeah it's fine a game releasing and being bad, and I mean, so only on DLC the quests should be good? You are absolutely crazy, and yeah mods can add tons of fun but thats not the point, the point is they made a bad game and expect modders to fix all flaws of it, and really Oblivion creation set released like only a few days after the game's release and Skyrim creation kit will be only after 2 months? I mean what the hell man, if your fine with it keep waiting to burn your money on an amazing DLC wich will make Skyrim 100x times better, yeah right :facepalm: