Swap enchant graphics with runes!

Magicnubs

Armor enchantment effects are invisible for me...not sure exactly what you two are talking about. Only the weapons show the magic effect in the game world, right? With the armor showing the effect in the menus.

Maybe I just don't look hard enough or something...

With how enchanting effects work currently I don't imagine it would be too difficult to to make the enchant graphic show up in the actual game world as well since it's just a single texture that kind of floats around atop the item, especially since you can see it in the item menu anyway.

This is what I heard back from Myopic

----------------

Hi,

Right now, as far as I can tell, no. Unless you have the patience of a saint (and a hex editor) and wanted to fiddle with the EFSH records to see what you can change. While I see no reason why you couldn't make the effect static when the CK comes out, I think you're right to be concerned about feasibility w/r/t individualising it - there's no way to tell if that'll be possible. My money's on no, but that's a total assumption on my part.

P.S. More realistically you could look for an already existing effect that does something similar and see about replacing the relevant enchantment effect(s) with that.

----------------

Looks like there is hope, but maybe not until we get the CK? I don't imagine the blood effects are customized to each weapon, they probably work similarly to the current enchant effects. Maybe with the CK there could just be a way to swap the weapon models out with actual different models once they were enchanted, but then there would need to be a different one for each color. Won't be happening for a while if that's the case, just out of sheer work to be done.