Expanded Dragons, Bigger Battles

Zinnorokkrah

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HIghly interested in this, am currently using Deadly Dragons which is a big step up from vanilla, but this sounds like it could be epic.

If you have any scripts that you care to share I would love having a look and provide what feedback I can.

I was quite interested in the Ally dragon idea, and as quite a lot of allies in Skyrim, there is normally quests for them. So with that in mind, after you have made them allies, you could build your relations with them, learning some of their shouts possibly, the same way the greybeards teach, possibily also allowing the 'Real' best forge in skyrim as Companions do, the Skyforge is great and all, but Uniquely being able to make Draugr armour isn't really that good of a benefit, if it was required for anything past dwarven, or elven, then I'd be more interested in taking the time to get over there. You could use this forge as the only place to make Dragon Armour, not dragonbone, or scale, but rather made from unique metals at incredibly high tempreture (Dragonfire powered) to make armour that is equivilant to Deadric or Ebony with 100 smithing. This could also introduce not only raiding dragon lairs for loot, but maybe to mine precious metals that they also hide?. A fire dragon would probably be quite a good choice, however not a caster. I was thinking of Fire and it's more of an aggressive, personal kind of thing, people fight close up when 'fiery'. So instead of it caster, I would think close ranged shouting / breath and melee attacks. Can maybe make it so it can 'enchant' it's claws to be able to set you alight much like an enchanted sword, which would give it a more ferocious aspect to it, especially since most people use bows and spells to take dragons on until they land. He lands often, and he goes for the kill straight away. But then again, thats when he has an enemy, if he realises that you are not already an enemy, he may be willing to trust. I liked the Farkas reference as I feel he has the right attitude to people, however maybe alter it to be more like Aela (Male version) because she can trust, but is smart enough to know why to trust etc.

Thanks for the suggestions. While the enchanted dragon claws sound amazing, they're also- to my knowledge -impossible. However, the 'Dragon forge' sounds like an interesting concept and it's one I hadn't yet considered. However, I am sad to say that while the potentially friendly dragon lord is 'fire-oriented' he is not a 'fire dragon', and the only dragon lord that is would be the Lord of Whiterun. However, the ferocity is definitely something I'll consider when writing him up. Also, I think that the idea of veins of ore in dragon lairs is a great one that I should have considered before- especially considering that it is a great dragon archetype to have them in an area full of precious metals. However, chances are, you'd have to clear the lair out before being able to mine safely. In any case, thanks again- and please PM me if you're interested in looking at one of my scripts.

Hey guys I'm back! After a short hiatus I'm feeling refreshed, and full of ideas. Expect new lore, new quests, new items, and especially new dragon lords. Having taken inspiration from 'Deadly Dragons' I've gone and edited all my dragons and dragon lords just a smidge, I recommend going over it some more. So, now, I'd like to unveil my new concept- The Armour of Dovahkiin questline and items.

The Armour of Dovahkiin

PART I

In Sky Haven Temple, the Blades have been clearing it out some more, and their resident wizard [He keeps cropping up, doesn't he?] has discovered a new area of the Temple- an undiscovered sub-level with another 'Dragonborn' seal. The player is called to investigate, and upon entering must clear his way through another collection of Thu'um and Dragonborn related traps- such as the ones in Sky Haven Temple or when you're looking for Jurgen's Horn. In any case, it opens up to a set of armour, a sword, and a shield set up behind a shrine which has a few journals and one book of a three volume set upon it. The armour is the amour of the original Dragonborn [Who will simply be called 'Dovahkiin' until I come up with a name], the son of St. Alessia and a Nordic Jarl. The details of it will be expanded below, but it will be, in essence, the armour shown in the trailer with a couple of twists here and there. You collect the journals, which were written by Dovahkiin, and the book- which is an ancient document on the Dragon War thought to be lost. From these you learn of an ancient shout which unlocks the true power of the Dragonborn, but it isn't clear where the knowledge to find this shout is, or what it even does. However, from reading the Dragon War record you learn of a split-off of the Dragon Cult who worshipped Dovahkiin as a semi-destructive messiah who would overthrow their old god [Alduin] and elevate them to godhood [Equality with the Dragons] in any case, you discover their ancient shrine is in a barrow at the foot of the Throat of the World, and that is where you're going next.

PART II

You travel to this ancient shrine, and fight your way through a ton of ancient draugr, and other generic dragon-worshipper dungeon stuff, however, you also battle a skeletal dragon. There you recover a second volume on the Dragon War, which reveals that to find the shout, all you have to do is place the armour and weapons on a statue in an alcove behind the shrine. You then continue on your way out, with carvings along the wall depicting the Dragon War, and what the Dragon Cult believed about Dovahkiin.

PART III

You return to Sky Haven, and follow through on the instructions which opens up a door to a back room. There, Dovahkiin is entombed. When you enter, he will awake, and you will have to fight off your undead predecessor. Once he is killed, however, a vision similar to what happens with the Psijic occurs, where Dovahkiin thanks you for freeing him- as his dragon soul kept him bound to his body, but because you absorbed it [being Dragonborn] he is now able to head on to Sovengard. He then tells you to claim your reward and your destiny, at which point you head to the back of the room, where there are three word walls- one in the centre, and one on either side at an angle. You then learn these words, and unlock their meaning, giving you a new shout. However, due to its power, it will probably be a 'Greater Power' and only able to be used once per day.

So- here's the new shout

'Sil Fundein Ahmik' Translation: Soul Unfurled Service.

This shout will unleash the Dragonborn's dovahsil- his dragon soul -into the physical world. In essence, it summons a spectral dragon to fight for you for two

minutes, and then it returns to your body. As stated above, it will count as a greater power, and you will only be able to use it once a day.

And here's the stats for the new items

Helm of Dovahkiin- %25 Resistance to Fire

Armour Rating: 25 Weight: 8 Value: 2000

Hauberk of Dovahkiin- %25 Resistance to Fire

Armour Rating: 50 Weight: 10 Value: 4000

Gauntlets of Dovahkiin- %25 Resistance to Frost

Armour Rating: 25 Weight: 3 Value: 1500

Boots of Dovahkiin- %25 Reduction in Shout Recharge time

Armour Rating: 25 Weight: 8 Value: 1500

Shield of Dovahkiin- %25 Resistance to Frost

Armour Rating: 48 Weight: 15 Value: 1750

Blade of the Tongues- %25 Reduction in Shout Recharge time, %50 More damage to dragons

Damage: 15 Weight: 15 Value: 1250

So what do you guys think?

I like the idea.

I love the idea of needing the voice to get through to the end..

Things like using fire breath to light a great brazier, or going ethereal to pass a deadly trap.

I think that it is under utilized as a way to build dungeons...

What has changed about your dragon lords?

Did you update the first post or is it something just you have?